PDA

View Full Version : re: HELP ! i just install the maw b24's and now ---

dasgoot2002
July 7th, 2010, 13:55
it boots me back 2 the desktop ??? do i have a file out of place ?? or missing files i need some help guys' or help me out by giving me a check list 4 installin them right ......

Nonato
July 7th, 2010, 14:15
it boots me back 2 the desktop ??? do i have a file out of place ?? or missing files i need some help guys' or help me out by giving me a check list 4 installin them right ......

Well,
First guess: you have shared files for the B-24 that you have to install too (if you do not have the Catalina installed in MAW, of course)as well as special weapons and pylons. Second guess: see if you have installed correctly the real UNZIPPED sound file in the good MAW folder. Reg's site has a very comprehensive readme for this install that has to be followed attentively because it is a trick maneuvre sometimes.

Good luck

N.

Murray Cod
July 7th, 2010, 15:05
the other thing you can do if Nonato's tips don't help is remove the B24 from your aircraft folder and then restart MAW. The B24 won't be available but the game should restart properly. Then you can try installing the B24 again.

Sometimes when the last plane I fly before closing the game is a "TK" plane, then the next time I try and start the game I get a CTD before it finishes loading. Removing the TK plane in Windows Explorer then allows me to load the game. I can then exit the game, reinstall the TK plane and restart the game without problem. However I have to remember to have a quick flight in a non TK plane before I exit the game the next time I close it down, else I have to go through the remove / reinstall steps again.

HTH
Murray

Bravo/4
July 8th, 2010, 14:20
99% of the time this will be the sound folder!

Murray, your issue is 100% the sound folder!:d

Murray Cod
July 8th, 2010, 19:46
99% of the time this will be the sound folder!

Murray, your issue is 100% the sound folder!:d

by chance do you know what I need to look for to fix the issue with the sound folder?

ndicki
July 8th, 2010, 21:13
Open the sound.cfg file with Windows Notepad (make it default) and then look for your sound files folder. This by default is CFS3 Mediterranean Air War\aircraft\DR_Engine_Sounds

In your existing sound.cfg, you will see this:

[fltsim]
alias=DR_Engine_Sounds\hispano_suiza_1eng\sound\

where DR_Engine_Sounds\hispano_suiza_1eng\sound\ is the path to a full set of sound wav files.

All you need to do is paste over the path with one that actually exists in your install.

This one SHOULD be there - check it is! - so even if it is for a twin-engined job, at least it'll get you up and about without all this messing around.

DR_Engine_Sounds\BR_Engine_Bristol_Hercules_2X

But I'd suggest downloading a good set of sound files from somewhere.

Bravo/4
July 9th, 2010, 11:20
Thanks Nigel!

dasgoot2002
July 10th, 2010, 22:32
ok i removed all b-24 files and it still kicks me 2 the desktop ? now im really stuck ????

seacondor
July 10th, 2010, 23:49
MAke sure you have downloaded the engine sound files at Regs. In Teds B24 hanger. They are there I just checked. Make sure it is in the right folder as shown in the readme or open the aircrafts sound.cfg file using notepad and check the path. If you don't have the right existing folders just create them as shown in the sound file path. Make sure you have the up to date weapons and pylon files from Avhistory. Make sure they are in the right folders. Of cause before all this put the planes back in the Aircraft folder.

wsmwsm
July 11th, 2010, 02:57
ok i removed all b-24 files and it still kicks me 2 the desktop ? now im really stuck ????

Humm. If you removed the offending aircraft that should stop the problem. However, try deleting the uisel file and see if this works.

Are you using MAW or did you install the aircraft in ETO? If ETO, it's possible that between sessions you switched eras without knowing it taking you back to an airfield that doesn't exist in the changed era. That would cause a crash as well.

MajorMagee
July 11th, 2010, 04:21
My sure fire way to get the game to restart is to change ShowUIWorld="true" to false in the game.xml file in your CFS3 root directory. Once you're back in you can fly something else then exit. You can then change it back to true and you're usually fine after that unless you fly the offending plane again without fixing it's missing files.

dasgoot2002
July 11th, 2010, 15:28
:salute: thanks guys for all your help :) got it working right again /