PDA

View Full Version : Golden Wings 3

highpockets
July 6th, 2010, 05:21
I decided to install this addon for FS2004 and followed the instrucions that came with the install. However, I cannot find the fs9.cfg file referred to in the documents nor will any of the aircraft show up when I load up the FSGW3. They are in the aircraft folder. I am missing something here. I cannot even find the Documents and Setting/user/application data/microsoft/fs9 folder!??
Any help?
Thanks

Cees Donker
July 6th, 2010, 05:53
The application data folder is normally hidden, or can be hidden. You must make the hidden folders visible. Do you know how to do that?
In the installation folder of GW3 you'll have to rename the FS9.exe. Did you do that?

:salute:

Cees

highpockets
July 6th, 2010, 06:07
I did rename the fs9.exe to FSGW3. My hidden folders were not showing, but after checked the box and opened, I did find the application data/microsoft folder, but no fs9 folder was in it.

Terry
July 6th, 2010, 06:48
Look here..............C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Roami ng\Microsoft\FS9

highpockets
July 6th, 2010, 10:37
OK Guys, I found it under another user name. I will apply the instructions properly ( I hope!) and see what happens.
thanks--I may be back:kilroy:

Cazzie
July 6th, 2010, 12:14
Hippockets,

There must be two separate installs of FS9. What you should do first is rename the FS9.exe to FS9.1.exe.You must also do this to the Program Files > Microsoft Games > FS9 folder and to the Application Data for FS9. Once done, reinstall FS9 once again and on the second install, rename the FS9.exe to FSGW3.exe. Do this for the newly installed FS9 that is now in your Program Files > Microsoft games folder and also to the Application Data folder; renae all FS9 folders to FSGW3. Open the renamed FSGW3 in the Application Data folder and rename the FS9.cfg to FSGW3.cfg, then go back and rename all the FS9.1.exe (desktop, Program Files, and Application Data) to the original FS9.exe. Now you are ready to install FSGW3 into the FSGW3 Folder. Do not worry about the Applicatiob Data, it will rewrite itself once FSGW3 is installed in the proper folder.

BTW, all of the FSGenesis 38-meter DEM mesh works in FSGW3 just as well as in FS9, you just have to direct it to the FSGW3 folder. I would not advise using GE-Pro or UT with FSGW3.

Hope this helps,
Caz