PDA

View Full Version : 'Sony NEX-5 With 18-55..'

Panther_99FS
July 5th, 2010, 19:05
http://www.flickr.com/photos/soelin/4765830581/in/pool-1379448@N25

Kiwikat
July 5th, 2010, 20:28
Man that looks stupid. I'm gonna print one of those out on paper and tape it to my 300mm and see how lame it looks. :173go1:

That guy wants a small camera that would do better at higher ISO's. That's a contradiction right there. Why not use the 5D mark II that was used to take that photo? It can handle ISO 3200 without horrible noise. They later complain that the 5DII is too heavy. Then why did they get it? A 5DII is NOT too heavy, unless you're a 3 year old...

Being able to firmly grasp my camera is one of the reasons I got a SLR. Why on earth would I want to go back to something thats tiny like a point and shoot? I can hardly comfortably hold my Rebel XSi with grip.

I really don't understand these newer generations of cameras. What I do know is that there's a 7D out there with my name on it! :salute:

Tracon
July 5th, 2010, 21:04
I think it's cute.

MenendezDiego
July 5th, 2010, 23:57
Reminds me of when Sony stopped making real camcorders.

I used to film with a VX-1000, and had experience with the VX-2000/2100 series.

Now they sell merely pocket camcorders...nearly impossible to get a steady hand held shot

Some technological advancements just plain suck

JorisVandenBerghe
July 6th, 2010, 10:24
Man that looks stupid. I'm gonna print one of those out on paper and tape it to my 300mm and see how lame it looks. :173go1:

That guy wants a small camera that would do better at higher ISO's. That's a contradiction right there. Why not use the 5D mark II that was used to take that photo? It can handle ISO 3200 without horrible noise. They later complain that the 5DII is too heavy. Then why did they get it? A 5DII is NOT too heavy, unless you're a 3 year old...

Being able to firmly grasp my camera is one of the reasons I got a SLR. Why on earth would I want to go back to something thats tiny like a point and shoot? I can hardly comfortably hold my Rebel XSi with grip.
Why ? Because sometimes, you don't need the added bulk (I don't consider it too heavy, but still...it ain't exactly light, is it ?!) or the increase in quality that a full-frame DSLR can offer. And like Panther has pointed out not too long ago, there are occasions where you simply aren't allowed to enter when you're carrying a DSLR (it has happened to me, too). For certain purposes, you can't beat a DSLR (e.g. aviation photography). For other kinds of photography, a NEX/Micro Four Thirds (or any other EVIL-camera, for that matter) will suit a lot of people's needs. Heck, have you seen the panorama feature used in practice ? For people who don't use Photoshop and all that, it's great.