PDA

View Full Version : MDLC b85

PomBee
July 2nd, 2010, 09:56
Hi Guys.

Does anyone know where I can get Ivan Hsu's MDLC b85?

Cheers.

PomBee.

sc7500
July 2nd, 2010, 11:37
Yes Sir - Please download THIS one !

SC
:kilroy:

PomBee
July 3rd, 2010, 00:50
Thank you so much for that, SC. Every link I tried wouldn't work, although it may have more to do with my current set up than with the links themselves.

Thanks again.

PomBee.:salute::salute::salute:

Typhoon Willy
July 3rd, 2010, 04:06
Hi PomBee,

What advantages are there by using this version of mk_mdlc over later versions?

Kind regards,

TW

hewman100
July 3rd, 2010, 05:48
We did have 190 here before the move, so I presume it was re-uploaded recently? If not I have it somewhere.......

PomBee
July 3rd, 2010, 06:05
Hi PomBee,

What advantages are there by using this version of mk_mdlc over later versions?

Kind regards,

TW

Hi TW.

MDLC b85 is the version that you need if you're going to use mk_mdlc v2 to convert FS2004 aircraft to CFS2. I've done several since SC gave me the link, and it's worked for about 85% of them. I haven't tried using it for weapons or scenery (I wouldn't know where to start!!), but, when converting models, I just use the same settings each time, which makes it kind of idiot-proof (which is lucky for me!).

Cheers.

PomBee.:salute:

sc7500
July 3rd, 2010, 07:48
...Thank you so much for that, SC. Every link I tried wouldn't work, ...

My Pleasure, Senor Pom.

I need to fire off a note to Archie and get permission to upload a COMPLETE working set [might even be considered an updated version] of his program set.

Using information gleaned from the forum, and with help from many of the Learned Ones here, I managed to "build" a nearly bullet-proof working program that has an 80% + conversion success rate.

Best and Happy Weekend !
SC

msfossey
July 3rd, 2010, 11:10
PomBee, I have had some success with this program but sometimes run into problems. I'm curious, which settings do you use when converting a model? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
msfossey

Typhoon Willy
July 3rd, 2010, 14:31
Hi PomBee,

If you use mdlc b85, will the plane be usable as an AI in mission builder? I was just wondering, since I'm using 190 is it better to go back to 142, 117, or 85? I've been able to convert the SkyUnlimited Hurricanes with 190, however the rudder was hard over. But, when I used 117, the models converted succuessfully without the rudder issue. I just haven't tried to use them as AI just yet.

At the same time, I was able to convert the AH P-38's with 190 but the ailerons are stuck in various positions (There was one variant of the J model that, for the most part, converted without issue). I was unable to even convert the mdl's using a version lower than 190.

On a side note, I used the "interface" and NOT the DOS method in all instances.

TW

msfossey
July 7th, 2010, 10:29
"I need to fire off a note to Archie and get permission to upload a COMPLETE working set [might even be considered an updated version] of his program set.

Using information gleaned from the forum, and with help from many of the Learned Ones here, I managed to "build" a nearly bullet-proof working program that has an 80% + conversion success rate." SC

Sure hope you can do this SC. My successful conversion rate is about 50%. It's alot of fun when they work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

kind regards,
msfossey

sc7500
July 7th, 2010, 13:37
MSFOSSEY, please check your private messages..... :wavey:

PomBee
July 8th, 2010, 05:34
PomBee, I have had some success with this program but sometimes run into problems. I'm curious, which settings do you use when converting a model? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
msfossey

Hiya.

Sorry that I didn't reply straight away, I've been away from my PC for a couple of days. I use 0.2 for the specular RGB setting and 50 for the specular power setting. I've had a few failures recently, but the majority are still OK.

Cheers.

PomBee
July 8th, 2010, 05:41
Hi PomBee,

If you use mdlc b85, will the plane be usable as an AI in mission builder? I was just wondering, since I'm using 190 is it better to go back to 142, 117, or 85? I've been able to convert the SkyUnlimited Hurricanes with 190, however the rudder was hard over. But, when I used 117, the models converted succuessfully without the rudder issue. I just haven't tried to use them as AI just yet.

At the same time, I was able to convert the AH P-38's with 190 but the ailerons are stuck in various positions (There was one variant of the J model that, for the most part, converted without issue). I was unable to even convert the mdl's using a version lower than 190.

On a side note, I used the "interface" and NOT the DOS method in all instances.

TW

Hi TW.

I have to confess that I haven't tried any of the aircraft that I've converted in mission builder yet. My main reason for converting is to get aircraft for repaints, so I only really check them out once I've finished painting them. I'll try some as AI aircraft later tonight.
I use Morton's mk_mdlc v2 as my interface. It's so easy to use, even I can do it!!

Cheers.

sc7500
July 8th, 2010, 09:39
..."I need to fire off a note to Archie and get permission to upload a COMPLETE working set [might even be considered an updated version] of his program set. Using information gleaned from the forum, and with help from many of the Learned Ones here, I managed to "build" a nearly bullet-proof working program that has an 80% + conversion success rate."
...Sure hope you can do this SC. My successful conversion rate is about 50%. It's alot of fun when they work. Any help is greatly appreciated...

Received a letter of approval from Mr. Ivan Hsu this morning, and will be uploading my zipped copy of a decent MkMDL Ver 2.0+ ASAP. :salute:

PLEASE Remember - this works about 80% of the time for most conversions.

There will always be aircraft that are reluctant to convert, so don't be discouraged !

Best
SC

PomBee
July 10th, 2010, 04:45
Hi SC.

I've just downloaded your MDLC package and used it to convert an Avro Vulcan. Superb job, I'll use it as my standard conversion tool from now on.

Cheers.

sc7500
July 10th, 2010, 09:22
I am ONLY the messenger, Sir -

Mr Hsu deserves ALL the credit for creating the program and subsequent modifications !

All I managed to do was collect them into a working package that gets us from one end of the conversion maze to the other with a little less effort !

SC