PDA

View Full Version : RE : To my cable thread

hey_moe
November 16th, 2008, 13:22
Well tommorrow I'll be switching over to Verizon for DSL, phone and TV. I'll be getting everything I have now for the next 24 months for 61.88 less a month including tax...ect...ect. Cox has called me up eleven times since I decided to change to Verizon. They keep saying they thought I was happy with there service and I said I was...it is the price that has gone out of site. Since I joined them 14 months ago they have had three increases. The last one went up fourteen dollars more a month. There hasn't been any changes to the service either. Now Cox did offer a three dollar reduce figure a month if I signed a twelve month lease....I busted out laughing.

Cazzie
November 16th, 2008, 16:49
You'll be crawking back to the num-nits at Cox in 6 months or sooner.

Same boat here Mike, one cable company and no competition. But Verizon, uh-uh. M-I-L has it, constantly up and down, molasses compared to my cable. DSL is not Direct Satellite Link, it's Direct Service Link using an ethernet. Hope the service at Verizon is mucho better than it is here 200 miles east. I despised there phone service (land line), I had them come and disconnect it, We use mobuile phones only.

You're gonna be wanting that cable back after dealing with Verizon, betcha.:banghead:

Caz

EgoR64
November 16th, 2008, 17:18
:wavey:

Hi moe,

Check on the Verizon FIOS(Fiber to the Home), so fast make your head spin, I be checkin every six months, been up in Po-Dunk no-where for 5-years now, Stuck with one carrier and a Mickie D - LOL !! :costumes:

Verizon is promising me soon. FIOS is the way to go, Check it out.

Many Cheers !!

hey_moe
November 16th, 2008, 17:23
I had DSL and satellite before...my DSL was fast and steady, the DTV was also fine where I am at. Cable is faster than DSL, but it isn't sixty bucks a month faster...lol

cheezyflier
November 16th, 2008, 17:52
when i had dsl many years ago with verizon, it was good service for what i was paying. one of my jobs had it, and it rarely worked 3 days in a row, so who knows?

GT182
November 17th, 2008, 08:53
Good luck Mike, and let us know if yer happy with it. ;)

Craig Taylor
November 17th, 2008, 09:34
I switched to Verizon FIOS from cable (Comcast), and bundled my landline and cell. It's saving me about $30-ish a month and I signed up for everything. Even the lowest tier of internet service (10Mbps) is about twice as fast as the "other" one. The TV performance is noticeably better, too, and much easier to navigate. Spouse and I love the DVR feature.

Henry
November 17th, 2008, 10:43
I hate comcast with a passion :censored:
i have AT&T for dsl and land line dont like them either
but i get long distance to London for 10 cents a min
H

Craig Taylor
November 17th, 2008, 11:56
I hate comcast with a passion :censored:
i have AT&T for dsl and land line dont like them either
but i get long distance to London for 10 cents a min
H

We became less and less "fond" of Comcrap over the years, too. One Saturday night when we sat down to watch something "on demand" (yeah, right) all we could get was splotchy, pixelated picture and sound cutting out. When I called to report the problem they tried to tell me that the problem wasn't with them, and actually advised that I try watching during a less busy time, like starting at 11pm. :censored: It was actually easier for me to cancel AOL than to cancel from these bums. Good grief!

Willy
November 17th, 2008, 11:57
A few months back, I switched from AT&T DSL and phone and Dish Network to a package from the local Cable co (NewWave). We saved about $40 on the deal, but at times I've been ready to look elsewhere as the cable internet wants to drop out at times. And as the phone comes thru the cable modem, it goes out with it.

Also we got HBO and all those kind of channels and don't watch 'em. :isadizzy: