PDA

View Full Version : Some investigation...

Rami
November 16th, 2008, 09:46
To all,

I LOVE Bruno's new Spitfire models, but I've noticed one small issue. With Bruno's Mosquito, I noticed that while overall framerates were quite high, every so often through the cycle, the framerates would drop to about twenty.

I was able to rectify the problem by replacing the shiny glass texture with a simpler one via the AH CFS2 Hurricanes.

Has anyone identified the texture that drags down the framerates for the Spitfire? I've tried various configurations and haven't come up with a solution...yet.

Desert Rat
November 16th, 2008, 10:52
Rami,

try removing all bmp files to a temp folder, you'll get a naked model in sim, and then put them back 1 at a time and test, might help you track it down.

Jamie

Brunosk
November 16th, 2008, 11:00
That's an interesting point for sure Rami. Any feedback could help improve my next projects (Fulmar and Latecoere 298, if I don't chage my mind...)
:applause:

Rami
November 16th, 2008, 11:16
Progress!

Starting with no textures fixed the issue!

With that knowledge, it is NOT the following:

SpitTail.bmp
SpitWing.bmp
SpitWingLeft.bmp
SpitWingRight.bmp
fuselage.bmp

Stay tuned...

Brunosk
November 16th, 2008, 12:13
It's definitely not "SpitWing", as it's used nowhere on the model ! Just forgot to delete that one :redf:, you can do it in all the texture sets !

Rami
November 16th, 2008, 12:23
Well, I'm officially out. I tried stripping it down to the bare model, still doing it. I deleted the exhaust effects...no dice. Ah well, no big deal.

Shessi
November 16th, 2008, 13:21
Rami,
Which model of Bruno's Mosquito do you have? If it is an earlier model then just an idea, but it could be the g_lightstates of the mdl that is causing the problem?

If you are using an earlier model I believe Bruno rectified/removed that on the later/latest model. Is that correct Bruno?

Shessi

Rami
November 16th, 2008, 13:34
I was (and am) using Bruno's V4 Mossie.

But as I said, using a simpler, less-shiny glass texture solved that problem.

Rami
November 16th, 2008, 16:08
Problem fixed!!!

If you have these "skipping" problems, turn off the "anti-alias" option off. Doing so will eliminate the problem completely.

Bruno,

My apologies. It turns out that it was my CFS2 settings, not your model. :redf: