June 28th, 2010, 17:22
Coming REALLLLLLLY SOON!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2PEVxH5OP0

Scratch
June 28th, 2010, 17:52
Outstanding!!:ernae:

spotlope
June 28th, 2010, 18:27
Gorg-eee-ous! I'm not much on eggbeaters, but this one might have to be the exception to that rule. :salute:

XLR8
June 28th, 2010, 19:04
All I want to know is when ?

Bone
June 28th, 2010, 20:40
It's a beauty!

MenendezDiego
June 28th, 2010, 21:14
You guys work fast!

heywooood
June 28th, 2010, 21:21
my all time favorite helicopter...would have liked to see more of the front office in that well done video.

I can already tell that its going to be outstanding - probably too much for my lite rig...but like the Catalina, I'll buy it anyway just to sit in the cockpit and maybe hover around some desolate locales.. until I can afford a new PC

Malcolm looks like fun in a firefight...everyone's gonna want to hoist a few with the big 'Crane

gajit
June 28th, 2010, 21:59
Superb work. :salute:

conork
June 29th, 2010, 05:14
WOW :) i want it now :)

VCN-1
June 29th, 2010, 06:42
Very Impressive.

VCN-1

michael davies
June 29th, 2010, 07:34
Looks nice, very nice, but, an observation if I may, your static rotor blades are correct, ie when viewed from above the rotor rotates clockwise, thus the trailing edge is correct, yet your rotating blade textures are back to front, the rotor is rotating the right way but the texture is showing the trailing edge leading.

See attached the rotor is going in the direction of the arrow....correctly, but the blades are back to front.

Hope that helps

Michael

Addendum, well blow me down the Skycrane rotor goes backwards !, I thought it went the other way, so the blades are indeed the right way round but the animation looks reversed, might be a filming or stroboscopic effect, one ofthe things that can effect FSx rotor animations is your FPS setting, seems FSx prefers it locked to 30, then helo rotor animations seem to perform correctly, set to 20 or 24 and they become quite juddery.

krazycolin
June 29th, 2010, 08:01
Thanks Michael... a very good catch!

michael davies
June 29th, 2010, 08:05
Colin, best double check, I've ammended my original post, I thought all Sikorskies went clockwise when viewed from above, seems they went for tea when designing the Skycrane rotor and ran out of time at the end of the day and copied the Russians !. It could be filming or stobe effect, or could be nothing wrong, see my ammended post above.

Kindest

Michael

krazycolin
June 29th, 2010, 08:08
Actually, I've just verified.... it is indeed correct... all is good... (phew, you had me going there for a second!)

michael davies
June 29th, 2010, 08:45
Wasnt intentional, just know how things slip through the net, strangely, the bigger they are the easier they fall through ! LOL.

Best

Michael

strykerpsg
June 29th, 2010, 09:11
Fantastic video Colin, very much looking forward to this release.

Matt

ryanbatc
June 29th, 2010, 10:05
Nice work guys!

Dain Arns
June 29th, 2010, 10:21
Colin, I noticed in the video, the tires on the Erickson heli-tanker variant, that they are very glossy, and shiny.
Guessing an alpha gone awry or misplaced texture?

(I know, who on earth looks at the tires.
I swear not to do this kinda stuff, I don't like to nitpick, BUT its bugging me.
It's so perfect otherwise...) :icon_lol:

krazycolin
June 29th, 2010, 11:19
Those are in the fix list! Thanks!

Cag40Navy
June 29th, 2010, 11:29
Colin, I noticed in the video, the tires on the Erickson heli-tanker variant, that they are very glossy, and shiny.
Guessing an alpha gone awry or misplaced texture?

(I know, who on earth looks at the tires.
I swear not to do this kinda stuff, I don't like to nitpick, BUT its bugging me.
It's so perfect otherwise...) :icon_lol:
I thought i was crazy but I'm glad someone else saw that. They need to have a little bit of tread on the tires. Look forward to the Skycrane!

alpine
July 4th, 2010, 06:42
Hey, itīs aviable at simmarket!

Cheers, Thilo