PDA

View Full Version : B-24 Guy's Wonderful Tabby

casey jones
November 16th, 2008, 08:04
I saw this Japanese Tabby L2D by B-24 Guy he had put it together in a short time...I think it is the best and closest to an real L2D, I was able to get it to taxie in FS8, I changed the air file where it would turn and taxi very well....then I took off, climbing but then the Tabby began to "shake" is there any way I can modify it so it will stop "shaking"?

Cheers/Thanks To B-24 Guy

Casey:cost1:

Jagdflieger
November 16th, 2008, 09:15
Casey,

Perhaps a different FM from a dedicated or original C-47/DC-3 would work.

There should be lot's of DC-3s and C-47s to pick through over at: avsim.com or flightsim.com

Allen
November 16th, 2008, 12:26
I did not know B-24 Guy has L2D Tabby out there. A file link would be nice if you could?

Jagdflieger
November 16th, 2008, 18:21
No link possible as the Tabby was developped from the B-24 Guy's overhauled C-47 by Talos.

I don't think that Talos ever uploaded the files, but he attached them to a thread as was his custom. They were all lost in the latest server crash.

You can still fly a Tabby by downloading Tabby textures. There's a set by Ecat for the stock MS C-47 at: www.netwings.org (http://www.netwings.org)

Allen
November 16th, 2008, 21:41
I have Ecat's from netwings. I updated to OH the model. It now got so much I can't even attache them by the .zip.pdf way. It would have to be a 2 parter to attach.:isadizzy:

The B24 Guy
November 17th, 2008, 10:40
Hi All,

I think I have that skin somewhere. Now just to find it.

I am sure Talos would not mind if someone up-loaded his skins. But, just in case I will e-mail him for permission.

Regards,
B24Guy

Boatz
November 17th, 2008, 10:53
Allen,

I have all the files and posts and can e-mail them, send me a PM with your address.

Boatz

Allen
November 17th, 2008, 12:12
Thank! but I don't need them. I'm just trying to find out what air file he is using and if it is a CFS2 OH C47 or a FS DC3 model.:isadizzy:

The B24 Guy
November 18th, 2008, 06:18
Hi All,

Casey, I don't have FS8 but, try to find a FS8 C-47 airfile and see if it works.

Allen, it is the Overhaul C47

Just got the OK from Talos to upload. I will put together a package of his three skins for the L2D and upload ASAP.

Regards,
B24Guy

Jagdflieger
November 18th, 2008, 08:33
Thanks B24. How is Talos doing in NY?

The B24 Guy
November 19th, 2008, 09:31
Hi Jag,

Talos is doing well. Here is a excerpt form one of his e-mails...

"Can you imagine my business?
Originally I am coming from the financial industry.
However currently, I represent the NY subsidiary of a certain wedding dress manufacturer in Japan."

I hope to get to meet him one of these days.
One thing is for sure life can be and is "very interesting".

Oh, all most forgot. Just finished uploading the L2D skins.

Regards,
B24Guy