PDA

View Full Version : ACT

Rezabrya
June 26th, 2010, 18:55
I dunno if this is the appropriate place to post this but I am very excited!

I just got my ACT scores in and I am very happy with them. I am an average student in High School and my GPA is pretty average. I just got my scores in and I got a 26 overall! This is very exciting to me and opens up a lot of opportunities for college that weren't there before. I will most likely take them again because I really think I could do better. I screwed up pretty royally on one test because I took the science test on the reading space. I shaved a few minutes off my reading test when I was changing my science answers into the correct spot. Reading is one of my strong subjects so I feel if I wasn't so rushed, I could have done much better. Science turned out to be my highest score which was strange because I felt that it was the hardest test. Sorry if you feel that I am bragging but I just had to share as it is very exciting to me.

WarHorse47
June 26th, 2010, 19:01
Well, congrats and best of luck to you.

The statement that you intend to retake the test to improve your score and potential outcome says a lot.

Keep up the good work.

--WH

redriver6
June 26th, 2010, 19:02
congratulations and good job:salute::medals:

mfitch
June 26th, 2010, 20:06
Congratulations. You can be proud of the result while you also look forward to greater performance in the future.

sky pilot
June 26th, 2010, 21:19
:salute:
I dunno if this is the appropriate place to post this but I am very excited!

I just got my ACT scores in and I am very happy with them. I am an average student in High School and my GPA is pretty average. I just got my scores in and I got a 26 overall! This is very exciting to me and opens up a lot of opportunities for college that weren't there before. I will most likely take them again because I really think I could do better. I screwed up pretty royally on one test because I took the science test on the reading space. I shaved a few minutes off my reading test when I was changing my science answers into the correct spot. Reading is one of my strong subjects so I feel if I wasn't so rushed, I could have done much better. Science turned out to be my highest score which was strange because I felt that it was the hardest test. Sorry if you feel that I am bragging but I just had to share as it is very exciting to me.
you have every right to be YOU EARNED IT !
Now just like I tell everybody now after you made it this far just DON'T GIVE UP !

TARPSBird
June 26th, 2010, 22:43
Good job Rez, go ahead and brag. Your score was well above the national average. I'm thinking you've just completed your junior year of HS? If so, keep in mind you can retake the ACT in your senior year if you think you can kick your score up.

Toastmaker
June 27th, 2010, 05:20
Good job, sport !! You have every reason to brag a bit and this is a good place for it !

If you're strong in reading and comprehension skills - you're going to do very well in college, and thereafter -

:running:

jmig
June 27th, 2010, 05:46
Congratulations on the test scores. You did well. Retaking it, so long as you go into the second test with the same positive attitude as the first AND, you continue to prepare, should result in a better overall score.

:salute:

cheezyflier
June 27th, 2010, 10:47
:applause: good for you!

Daveroo
June 27th, 2010, 10:53
good job....congrats

Craig Taylor
June 28th, 2010, 15:13
A "26" is pretty darn good your first time out, but I think if you feel you can do better, go for it!

Not to toot my own horn, but I did when I was in the same situation, and it really paid off. Just keep at working at it. Sounds like you're well on your way. :salute: