PDA

View Full Version : Vintage VA.. Pilots needed urgently. Please reply!

jackedwardmorris95
June 26th, 2010, 13:05
Hey All,
My Friend runs a VA that has been going for years.. We went onto Simfly.EU but pilots stopped posting hours and we went bust. I talked to him to day, and I was very upset to find out it was nothing more that a museum piece.

BUT... I managed to talk him round, and he said if we could get only about 5 pilots to sign up the required simfly.eu 60 hours
a month would be easy to achieve!

The airline consists of 3 schedules 1959: Flying L-049 Connies 1979: Flying 727's and Modern: Flying 737's (If we get enough pilots the airline would be sure to expand!)

So whaddaya say folks? Can you come and help us out!

The site is redmtnva.com

Jack

jackedwardmorris95
June 26th, 2010, 14:15
60 views no Replys! Come on, you gotta say something.. anyone.. please (lol)

Jack

NoNewMessages
June 26th, 2010, 14:34
Er, what's a "doddle"?

See, there's a reply!

And Simfly.eu? And their "free for the community" software? That's a tangled web with respects to the Avsim hack of last year.

jackedwardmorris95
June 26th, 2010, 14:43
Er, what's a "doddle"?

See, there's a reply!

And Simfly.eu? And their "free for the community" software? That's a tangled web with respects to the Avsim hack of last year.

Simfly.EU is an online flight tracker thingamabob, and a doddle is like easy,

Jack

bazzar
June 26th, 2010, 15:20
We have a lot of people here who run all sorts of classic aeroplanes but what you are after is not really of major interest I think. Remember the name...Combat Flight Centre. Try one of the other more general/commercial aviation forums, you might get a better result there.

falcon409
June 26th, 2010, 15:35
Yea, I'd have to agree. I fly Vintage from time to time, but getting folks who would fly Vintage in a VA setting consistently. . .not so much I'm afraid. Bluegrass Airlines is a similar minded VA and while they have a ton of members, very few remain active.

Navy Chief
June 26th, 2010, 15:36
Simfly.EU is an online flight tracker thingamabob, and a doddle is like easy,

Jack

Actually, this sounds interesting, and I might give it a try. But after looking at every single page on that website, I could not find any reference to where I would sign up. Any help? Send me a PM, if you wish...

Thanks.

NC

dswo
June 26th, 2010, 15:41
If it doesn't fly, don't feel bad. Most VAs don't last more than a few months. Give it a go and if it doesn't work, try again or just join someone else.

falcon409
June 26th, 2010, 15:43
If it doesn't fly, don't feel bad. Most VAs don't last more than a few months. . . . . .
Yep, that does seem to be the general rule.:salute:

CheckSix
June 27th, 2010, 01:43
Put my name on the roster, I will fly for you.

Bjoern
June 27th, 2010, 13:45
Most VAs don't last more than a few months.

Mine lasted a few years, until the VA community it was hosted in went payware.

Okay, it was a one-man show but still quite awesome. The routes I wanted with the airplanes I wanted (and could afford), whenever I wanted...good times. :)

Lionheart
June 27th, 2010, 17:47
I wanted to start one with REALLY old planes, mostly based in Europe, where the airlines mostly started running which would run as far as Sweden to Iran, England to Russia.

So much fun you can have with VA's.

So difficult starting up a website for one.. (eeks! )

Bill