PDA

View Full Version : OT: And the Boy Scouts "Win" one ...

Snuffy
June 24th, 2010, 06:05
At least for now ...

http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/06/23/boy-scouts-battle-in-court/?test=latestnews

Navy Chief
June 24th, 2010, 08:46
:applause::applause::applause:

YAY!!!!!

crashaz
June 24th, 2010, 09:11
I'm with the Chief! :applause:

MaddogK
June 24th, 2010, 09:30
??

I don't get it (other than the rent issue), didn't the courts order the Boy Scouts to take Girls ?

Whats the difference between a gay boy and a girl ?

jmig
June 24th, 2010, 14:56
As a long term scout leader, I am happy over this. The people who file these suits have non to little knowledge just what the scouts do. Many a boy has learned to be a man in scouting. It was the most rewarding part of being a scout leader, being a part of helping boys to grow from boys into young men.

cheezyflier
June 24th, 2010, 16:22
??

I don't get it (other than the rent issue), didn't the courts order the Boy Scouts to take Girls ?

Whats the difference between a gay boy and a girl ?

the factory equipment

Skittles
June 24th, 2010, 16:42
The city of Philadelphia has every right to charge their money.

Why should taxpayers fund an organization that doesn't allow homosexual boys to join? You want to ban gay people from your group? Fine. Be pathetic, but the general population of a city which is vehemently opposed to discrimination shouldn't foot the bill.

Shame some people are so backwards.

Teaching every scout that gay people shouldn't be accepted.

Good stuff.

AckAck
June 24th, 2010, 17:51
Should the Scouts take their building and go then?

Brian

Skittles
June 24th, 2010, 18:02
Should the Scouts take their building and go then?

Brian

Up to them. If they want to practice discrimination in a city that has strict anti-discrimination policies then they should at least pay for the facilities themselves, rather than leaching off the taxpayers.

The US really does have an awful mentality when it comes to homosexual equality. It even extends into the forces. I don't understand why it's a problem? heterosexual men and women serve together in the forces and manage not to constantly have sex, are we expecting that if the US forces allow openly gay people in the military they'll walk in and molest everybody going?

The state of Philadelphia has lost $200,000 per year to support these scouts - all of which is funded by the taxpayer. Why should they shoulder the responsibility to continue funding the group at HUGE costs when it openly practices gay discrimination?

As far as I'm aware the scouts are a private organization are they not? The city has essentially given them free land for 70 years, and now they're saying well you can either drop the discrimination or pay rent, as does every other person in this city. The city isn't giving them a fine, it's just wanting to charge them rent for the premises they use. How can anyone complain about that?

Also, could someone tell me how making a private organization pay rent on a building is unconstitutional? If that's true then every single inhabitant and business owner is operating outside the constitution. What a crock of crap.

AckAck
June 24th, 2010, 18:06
They couldn't lease it for $200,000 a year without a building on it...

Can't really have your tenants make improvements on property and then charge them for it, can you?

Brian

(Need to get QMS back open so Snuffy can stop posting things that will get locked in the Newshawks... :d)

Gramps
June 24th, 2010, 18:10
Think I'll go ahead an put this one to bed.............................