PDA

View Full Version : iPad meets competition; WePad

Lionheart
June 21st, 2010, 14:22
Yep...

A German cell phone company has developed a 'Pad' that uses the Droid software and probably its control board/motherboard and chipset.

The cool thing about this is you can link into 2 USB ports, link into a printer, use a Mouse, etc. Supposedly it will sell for less then the iPad. The thing looks very similar but it appears that it has a plastic casing whereas the iPad has a machined casing of Aluminum with actual 'glass' for the front screen cover. For wear and tare, the Apple wins, but being able to link into things is pretty nice. Thank goodness the iPad now has bluetooth to keyboards. The Apple iOS will not use a mouse. I guess the OS does not have that ability? not sure..

On a side note concerning USB's in 'Pads', I finally recieved my Camera kit for my iPad. One of the two plugs is a male that goes into the iPad lower slot, and has a UBS link in it. The iPhone or camera is then linked into the iPad and you are qued as to weather you wish to upload files or pictures from the 'device' linked to it. That will make things easier, rather then uploading them somewhere via the iPhone, then back again to the iPad. (My point on that is that the iPad is great for trips. I go up north and take a ton of pictures with the iPhone and being able to store them on the iPad and edit the photos is really nice. Getting then from one unit to the other was the real hassle. I was using Flickr as the bump site to transfer back and fourth. arrgh).

fIvWvCaLjSI

UXc2nHIXBd8