PDA

View Full Version : BOB 2 Wings of Victory

timbo2410
June 20th, 2010, 05:16
A friend of mine has just given me the cd rom of this ... will it run with the first version installed as well? I also have firepower installed?

KellyB
June 20th, 2010, 05:37
If you're referring to the sim put out by A2A simulations, then you'll find a lot of help with it at their forums.

http://www.a2asimulations.com/

To my knowledge, BOB II which is in version 2.11 by the way, is not compatible with Firepower, and needn't be since it's all about the Battle of Britain.

timbo2410
June 20th, 2010, 06:19
This one was made by Shockwave (G2 Games) ... I thought it was an addon for CFS3 ... or is it a stand alone sim by itself ???

KellyB
June 20th, 2010, 07:28
It's a stand-alone sim; has absolutely nothing to do with CFS3.

Shockwave was their original domain name.

If you try to go to the website found on your disks, I don't think it will work; use the url I gave you to get into the forums.

BOB II has three forums as subsets of all their forums.

I can recommend the sim to you. It has a lot of good stuff in it, and like ETO, MAW, and PTO, has a good following of folks who like it. It is, however, dedicated to the Battle of Britain and has nothing to do with the war which followed.

Tako_Kichi
June 20th, 2010, 07:55
The Battle of Britain Development Group (BDG) is a group of dedicated, freeware, developers who have completely transformed the sim from it's original (and very crash prone) release by the original developers Rowan. A2A (formerly Shockwave Productions) market the game in North America but it's the BDG who have continued it's development.

You MUST patch up from the original disc install otherwise you will get frequent and very annoying crashes to desktop (CTDs).

The BDG patches are always fully inclusive so you only ever need to apply the latest patch and you are good to go. The team have successfully killed or prevented literally hundreds of bugs in over 1 million lines of game code and the game is now super stable on most systems, however, you will need a pretty robust system in order to play it with all the eye candy turned up and even then there is one setting that we still recommend is left at 'Medium' as even the very best current gaming rigs are not fast enough to run with that setting maxed out (it's in there to allow for future growth).

As others have said, the BoBII forums at the A2A forums site will provide any answers to questions you may have.

Hope that helps.

MajorMagee
June 20th, 2010, 09:41
and it's beautiful too...

http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii362/MajorMagee/BigSkyBOBII.jpg

timbo2410
June 20th, 2010, 11:41
Yes it does look good, i just installed but it will not start so I'm looking for the site for patching it ...
My system is:
Windows 7 64 bit
Core i7 920 DO 2.66 @ 4 GHZ
Video: XFX 5850 HD
Sound: Creative XFI

loverboy1
June 20th, 2010, 11:59
NOT SURE THINK ITS HERE FOR PATCHES FOR BOB

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21865

timbo2410
June 20th, 2010, 12:05
thanks, downloading the patches now ... :salute:

loverboy1
June 20th, 2010, 12:14
I DONT HAVE THIS ,,,,, im so impressed with eto and "HH" ADDONS FOR THE BATTLE OF BRITAIN

im torn not money issue ...for me im still feeling rather out that extra 20.00 towards the yearly or quartely donation drive for eto/cfs3/pto when called on

i speak for myself ....but with such a great job the eto team has done and the addition of a few great builders .....hobitt as one - known as "HH" ... and the others i feel the immersision theyve done is exellent

so enjoy

joshua ....loverboy1