PDA

View Full Version : ooooohhhh....aaaaahhhhh

cheezyflier
June 19th, 2010, 20:15
have a look
www.yankodesign.com/2010/01/29/one-sharp-black-lambo/

demorier
June 20th, 2010, 00:11
Just a personal opinion...I think it looks real fugly.

Clarke123
June 20th, 2010, 03:40
They've designed the batmobile :mixedsmi:

cheezyflier
June 20th, 2010, 04:28

+ 1 :applause:

JAMIE
June 20th, 2010, 04:39

It looks better than the last one they did.

stansdds
June 20th, 2010, 08:13
Bingo.

kilo delta
June 20th, 2010, 09:44
That thing must be invisible on radar...it's a cross between a supercar and an F117 Nighthawk. :)

OBIO
June 20th, 2010, 10:07
That thing reminds me of my first girlfriend after I sobered up.....super butt ugly.

cheezyflier
June 20th, 2010, 10:15
some of you guys need to enroll in the cheezyflier school for art appreciation :icon_lol:

Bjoern
June 20th, 2010, 12:05
Fugly.

OBIO
June 20th, 2010, 21:59
Cars should look like cars, not like experiments in origami.

OBIO

Willy
June 20th, 2010, 22:14
Cars should look like cars, not like experiments in origami.

OBIO

ROFL

Wulf190
June 20th, 2010, 22:48

Yess!!

Quixoticish
June 21st, 2010, 00:15

I agree, it's hideous. They took a step in the right direction with the Reventon, that was stunning:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini_Revent%C3%B3n

But this is a few steps too far for my liking. It looks like a Lamborghini with a cheap body kit on, or someone's home built attempt.

Prowler1111
June 21st, 2010, 09:22
damn....what did they say about the economy? because between the boat Panther posted and this, you can pretty much feed a small country..

Anyway, i kinda like it, i would buy it solely for my travels to the waste lands in Australia hunting for that Aunt that looks exactly like Tina Turner.....or so goes the dreamin´

Prowler

Lionheart
June 21st, 2010, 09:54
I guess I am an old world car afficianado. I think a car should have flowing lines and themes built into her curves. This one looks like it has a front and rear cowling attached loosely to the under-car body. But hey, it may grow on me. I do not think that design could do 300 MPH like the Bugatti Veyron can. I think the shells would come off at such a high speed. It does look a bit like the Batmobile Hummer thing though, and that thing was AWESOME!

I didnt like the Lamborghini Reventon at first, but that has grown on me.

Thanks for the heads up Cheezy.

Bill

Cratermaker
June 21st, 2010, 10:05
My impression of this is that Lamborghini went to the Cadillac design studio and told them they were looking for a "Batman" motif.

If someone gave me one, I'd keep it.

Willy
June 21st, 2010, 10:18
I wouldn't keep it. No room for a bale of hay or my saddle. No hitch for the horse trailer either.

cheezyflier
June 21st, 2010, 13:23
And so began the journey north, to safety.
to our place in the sun.
Among us we found a new leader: The man who came from the sky, the Gyro Captain.
And just as Pappagallo had planned, we traveled far beyond the reach of men on machines.
The juice, the precious juice, was hidden in the vehicles.
As for me, I grew to manhood, and in the fullness of time, I became the leader.
The Chief of the Great Northern Tribe.
And Prowler1111?
That was the last we ever saw of him.
He lives now...
only in my memories.

Prowler1111
June 21st, 2010, 13:41
<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x8W4DEMUSeM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object><object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x8W4DEMUSeM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x8W4DEMUSeM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:jump::jump:Prowler

Lionheart
June 21st, 2010, 14:27
Goodness Cheesy, that was cool. I thought maybe you wrote that yourself, lol...

:ernae:

Reminded me of something from Last Exile...

Railrunner130
June 21st, 2010, 17:21
Looks like the love child of the Batmobile and a Transformer. I'm not a fan of the open spaces on it. Odd how they want to make a hybrid or electric car out of it.

Quixoticish
June 21st, 2010, 23:41
Looks like the love child of the Batmobile and a Transformer. I'm not a fan of the open spaces on it. Odd how they want to make a hybrid or electric car out of it.

All of the manufacturers are doing it now. High performance hybrid supercars.

And as ugly as I normally think Porsche's tend to be I do think their 918 hybrid concept is a thing of beauty:

http://www21.porsche.com/filestore.aspx/zoom.jpg?pool=germany&type=image&id=2010-03-02-zoom-03&lang=none&filetype=zoom&version=1

http://www21.porsche.com/usa/aboutporsche/pressreleases/pag/?pool=international-de&id=2010-03-02

Wing_Z
June 21st, 2010, 23:57
Although some would call it arrogance rather than confidence...
"and a lap time on the Nordschleife of Nürburgring in less than 7:30 minutes, faster than even the Porsche Carrera GT"

Fact is the 918 has never turned a wheel on the 'Ring.
But their simulator is that good, and their modelling so accurate, that they can call it - as a matter of fact.

cheezyflier
June 22nd, 2010, 00:19
Goodness Cheesy, that was cool. I thought maybe you wrote that yourself, lol...

:ernae:

Reminded me of something from Last Exile...

it's the very last thing from the narrarator (who is actually the little kid who looks like chakka)
in the movie mad max 2 "the road warrior"

Bjoern
June 23rd, 2010, 15:13
And as ugly as I normally think Porsche's tend to be I do think their 918 hybrid concept is a thing of beauty:

...because it looks like a Ferrari rip-off (lights...)?

Quixoticish
June 24th, 2010, 00:20
...because it looks like a Ferrari rip-off (lights...)?

I don't really think sharing a passing similarity is a rip-off. Besides, if it's most like anything (rather obviously) then it would be the Carrera GT.

Co-incidentally I think Ferrari's are ugly. Well, the P540 one off was okay, and I'll admit that the 250 GTO is delightfully curvy and kitsch. Apart from that really they've all been a bit vulgar to my eyes.