PDA

View Full Version : Avast problems?

DaveKDEN
June 19th, 2010, 07:12
Anyone else having problems with the latest program update for Avast (freeware version)? Really seems to be slowing things WAY down for me. I ended up removing it and things are back to normal. I've been running the freeware version of Avast for years now without any issues. I'm also running MS Security Essentials, but I like having another anti-virus program running just in case.
Cheers,
Dave

safn1949
June 19th, 2010, 08:07
When did you start running them both,my guess is they can't get along.I have Avast on 4 computers here with no problem so far.:d

DaveKDEN
June 19th, 2010, 08:36
When did you start running them both,my guess is they can't get along.I have Avast on 4 computers here with no problem so far.:d

Been running both without a problem since MS Security Essentials came out (sometime last year if I recall correctly). The problem started after updating Avast yesterday (June 18th). Seems they changed quite a few things with the new program. If you're still running the earlier version of Avast, I'd recommend sticking with it.

Cheers,
Dave

Dangerousdave26
June 19th, 2010, 09:16
No problems here Dave

I have it running on 4 computers.

safn1949
June 19th, 2010, 19:37
I am running Avast 4 on 3 of them and Avast 5 on the old machine,what one do you have as I just went to the site and only see Avast 5. I have put this on 3-4 machines with no problems.

stansdds
June 20th, 2010, 03:34
My Avast is reporting as version 5.0.545, no problems at all.