PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 aircraft issue

Wulf190
June 18th, 2010, 12:24
I am not sure if this has been adressed. But I have noticed that on some aircraft, they will not load in to CFS2. Starting FF, QC, or missions with these aircraft will cause CFS2 to hange. I thou8ght it was due to a corrupt file, but I'm sensing its an issue with hte 2D panel.

I was trying to load B-24 Guy's overhauled George and it caused the hanginging issue. SO I reloaded it from the archive I keep, but the archive used the stock panel, not the Real Panell Planel I liked. The Goerge loaded fine, yet when I added in the real battle panel, it caused CFS2 to crash.

Other aircraft I have also do this. B-24 Guy's P-39, P-38, Paul Burnage's Mossies, and Bruno's Mossies are just afew I am see hang CFS2 so far.

The quick work around I found was simply removing the 2D panel coding from the panel.cfg for each airrcaft.

But I am wondering what could be causing this? The panel .bmp images? the guages used in the 2d panel? Or could it be caused by extra, or 'junk' coding in the panel.cfg?

Just ideas. I'm not near my system to test any of those theories right now.

Wulf190
June 20th, 2010, 19:28
Has anyone else had this issue?

gavinc
June 20th, 2010, 23:38
Hi Wolf,
I have seen similar issues with some aircraft and panels. It used to occur (very very occasionally) with Windows XP but it is more frequent with Windows 7.

I haven't had the time to do any definitive troubleshooting but my guess is that some 3rd party gauges are causing issues in Windows 7 that didn't occur in Win XP. Gauges are just DLLs after all.

FYI I am using Windows 7 64 bit, don't know if that makes a difference.

Gavin