PDA

View Full Version : Do we have these AI B-17s anywhere??

Bill Kestell
June 17th, 2010, 21:08
A while back Sopwith Chameleon posted some skins (3 B-17 and 1 Halifax) for Bismarck's AI versions. I don't have them? Has anyone thought to upload these ... or have I just missed them somehow?

Thanks

Boatz
June 17th, 2010, 21:35
Yes to both questions!

Go to the top of the page, click on warbird's library, add-on's index, CFS2 skins, CFS2 skins American, maybe re-sort by submitter (descending) to shorten the list. Have a nice day.

Boatz

Rami
June 18th, 2010, 03:39
Here are the skins: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=57&id=1175

Bill Kestell
June 18th, 2010, 09:47
Thanks, guys ... but my problem is not the skins ... but the aircraft (I didn't phrase my question properly). I have the skins ... it's the aircraft that I need ( don't know how I missed them ... must have been in a STUPID MOMENT MODE!!!).:monkies:

sc7500
June 18th, 2010, 12:54
... As a Stupid Moment, Mr. K... These files know we're lookin' for 'em and HIDE !

AI Halifax

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=9446

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enjoy
SC
:kilroy:

Bill Kestell
June 18th, 2010, 16:43
Thanks, SC ... I was surprised that they weren't here ... somebody should bug Bismarck to get his stuff uploaded!

Thanks for the A/C ...

Cheers, Bill:salute:

Fibber
June 18th, 2010, 19:49
SC;
The link for the AI B-17 appears to be bad. Keep getting redirected to Yahoo and "adult swim" and a bad link warning.

rohan
June 18th, 2010, 21:57
It doesn't look as if bismarck13 uploaded the aircraft to SOH as I couldn't find it in either of the Archives, so here's the base aircraft file. You may not know that kelticheart did an alternate prop texture for this aircraft, which can be found here -

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=9405

regs,
Ro

Bill Kestell
June 18th, 2010, 22:16
Thanks, Rohan ... good to go now!:salute:

sc7500
June 19th, 2010, 15:58
...The link for the AI B-17 appears to be bad. Keep getting redirected to Yahoo and "adult swim" and a bad link warning...

DANG !

I just got the same 404 thing, but was able to d/l it directly from the Simnetwork.com page the first go-round yesterday... Hmmmm...

SC
:kilroy:

Ettico
June 23rd, 2010, 22:30
This may be hard to believe, but I actually get better frame rates with the FDG2 B-17 than Bismarck's A.I. B-17.

For some reason, my emachine's graphics card is very sensitive in a way I don't understand. I get great frame rates with the stock planes and certain select addons. It runs CFS3 at 40 fps.

But lots of the addon planes bring it down close to slideshow levels when viewed from long range - when they're just dots in the distance. Strange.

I've had to test everything I have to see if they work with my rig. Surprisingly, among the survivors were the highly detailed FDG2 Fortress and the Malinowski Liberator. I test them by creating a formation of them in MB and viewing them from long range.

I had to give up on Thicko's Jill and Judy, which are multi-lod. But again, the FDG2 Jill partially came to the rescue. It works.

I had to throw out both of my Helldiver models, which has harmed my cause somewhat. I don't have a usable long range Navy dive bomber.

Anyhow, bottom line, it's not always strictly about polygon count, or even multi-lod, at least where my rig is concerned. I have no idea what it (is) about. All I know is, the FDG2 and Malinowski heavies work for me. But only if I set my max frame rate slider at max - 45 fps. Strangely, that makes a significant difference with some planes, but not with others.

It's all very strange.:confused:

Rami
June 25th, 2010, 11:31
Gentlemen,

Would this be what y'all be searching for?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/downloads/download.php?lloc=downloads&FileID=9359

Bill Kestell
June 25th, 2010, 14:32
Thanks, Rami! That's them!:salute:

Dirtman
June 30th, 2010, 19:15
This may be hard to believe, but I actually get better frame rates with the FDG2 B-17 than Bismarck's A.I. B-17.

For some reason, my emachine's graphics card is very sensitive in a way I don't understand. I get great frame rates with the stock planes and certain select addons. It runs CFS3 at 40 fps.

But lots of the addon planes bring it down close to slideshow levels when viewed from long range - when they're just dots in the distance. Strange.

I've had to test everything I have to see if they work with my rig. Surprisingly, among the survivors were the highly detailed FDG2 Fortress and the Malinowski Liberator. I test them by creating a formation of them in MB and viewing them from long range.

I had to give up on Thicko's Jill and Judy, which are multi-lod. But again, the FDG2 Jill partially came to the rescue. It works.

I had to throw out both of my Helldiver models, which has harmed my cause somewhat. I don't have a usable long range Navy dive bomber.

Anyhow, bottom line, it's not always strictly about polygon count, or even multi-lod, at least where my rig is concerned. I have no idea what it (is) about. All I know is, the FDG2 and Malinowski heavies work for me. But only if I set my max frame rate slider at max - 45 fps. Strangely, that makes a significant difference with some planes, but not with others.

Yo Ettico;

It's possible that this is being caused by a panel gauge.

Don't ask my why .... I dunno how ... dunno which plane(s); but one of the lads (Rami or Obi?) had a similar frame-rate problem and found a particular gauge was causing it. Yanking out the offending gauge solved the problem.

Please fully understand what I'm saying - having a plane with that gauge merely in your field of view will cause the problem. The gauge does not have to be in YOUR plane. You don't even need to be in cockpit view to suffer the f/r degradation.

This kinda smells like the problem you are describing - don't it?

Hopefully; whoever it was will read this and give us the full poop.

I'll talk to Rami tomorrow & pick his brain.

........ 11635

Rami
July 1st, 2010, 15:57

Ettico,

I have a couple of suggestions for you.

1) Planning on using multi-lod model aircraft in missions? Eliminate exhaust effects. Period.

2) Some video cards are very sensitive to the "Anti-Alias" and "T and L" settings. Your computer / video card might be one of them. Even certain aircraft (the Alphasim Swordfish is a good example) can be sensitive to this setting.

More detail may be found here: http://www.techspot.com/tweaks/cfs2/cfs3.shtml

Ettico
July 1st, 2010, 21:28
Thanks, Dirtman and Rami. I will look into your suggestions.

Rami: everything I have that works at all is multi-lod, and I don't use exhaust effects. But the strange part is, some of the multi-lods don't work either.

All in all I'm in pretty good shape, having found high quality addons to fill in most of the slots. But there are no substitutes for Thicko's Jill and Judy, or Wolfi's Helldiver or the FDG Helldiver, all of which give my rig problems.