PDA

View Full Version : How to open refueling probe?

golakers
June 14th, 2010, 21:46
I can't find the command or the cockpit switch to open the refueling probe. I've tried everything I have found on this subject but it just won't open! I remember a long time ago I have opened it by mistake, so I know it should work. Damn! plz help me, I want to refuel!!!

thx

sparouty
June 14th, 2010, 22:11
Hi,
You should tell us which airplane you're flying with.
There's no generic probe command so it depends on designer's choice.
Regards,

Sylvain

peter12213
June 15th, 2010, 02:54
Yeah telling us aircraft your flying would help!

noddy
June 15th, 2010, 03:24
It does really depend on the model, some use shift + W.

Matt Wynn
June 15th, 2010, 04:13
It does really depend on the model, some use shift + W.

yup and if i recall the Default Hornet uses Shift + E then 2

golakers
June 15th, 2010, 16:34
Oh, I'm a Tomcat guy, I've thought it's been clearly evident ;-D For the most part it's about the IRIS f-14A. I can't fly Dino's F-14D since months because the picture freezes every few seconds in sunlight, and the IRS F-14B just shuts its engines down as soon as I'm in the air. I've tried reinstalling everything, didn't do a thing. Anybody know why this happens, because I would really love to use all of them since I'm flying the Tomcat almost 70 % of my FSX time... all other planes are ok, but the ones thet matter to me most I'm having problems with. Call that irony!

Shift+W iis wing (over)sweep/fold and Shift+E+2 opens some cheesy 2D panels.

thanx in advance

Barvan40
June 15th, 2010, 17:49
Here it is:

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u162/Barvan40/IRISF14A001.jpg

Matt Wynn
June 15th, 2010, 17:53
GoL are you remembering that to go past mach 1 you have to prepare the aircraft for it? break mach 1 unprepared and you'll lose your engines... just re-read the manual i believe it explains how to get her all set up for some fun flying :icon_lol: if you're on the pan and you slew into the air the engines will as i recall shut down, part of the joy of the IRIS F-14 is getting it just right, the amount of times i've flown and had to divert because i'd done something wrong...

golakers
June 16th, 2010, 01:06
I just went through the manual but wasn't able to find anything I thought has to to with the problem of engines shutting down. My english is good, but I don't understand every single technical expression, so maybe I've just missed it. Can maybe someone just tell me how to prepare the F-14B for above mach 1 so the engines don't just shut down? Can't be that complicated... Would be awesome.

thx again. I love this forum!

Go Lakers!!!

Matt Wynn
June 16th, 2010, 01:50
simple enough....Engine Stalls due to supersonic air entering left or right engine because the inlet
ramp switches are set to stow. You will be warned on the caution advisory
panel when passing Mach 0.9 if your inlet ramps are stowed. If you continue
past Mach 1.0 with the inlet ramps in the stow position, you will suffer an engine
failure. on barvans image left side you'll see 'inlet ramps', set them to Auto, that way supersonic air won't knock your engines out... and will auto adjust for airspeed etc...

golakers
June 16th, 2010, 01:57
Thanx man, I'll try it right away. It's actually very logical...

golakers
June 16th, 2010, 04:43
Cool, it's working ;-D Well, cool is an understatement, I'm crawling on the ceilings.... This Cat is much harder to fly. I'l try to rework my repaints and apply it to this one...

Matt Wynn
June 16th, 2010, 05:43
Cool, it's working ;-D Well, cool is an understatement, I'm crawling on the ceilings.... This Cat is much harder to fly. I'l try to rework my repaints and apply it to this one...

yeah the IRIS 'Cat is a fun bird, but a challenge to fly right. was flying with a friend a few weeks back and he went supersonic, so i forgot about the ramps and just put her in to reheat... bad idea, i ended up losing my engines and having to do a low altitude restart, good job it's drilled into my head though how to start the old girl... and remember to make sure you have cabin heat/demisters set accordingly or your glass will fog :icon_lol: learnt that the hard way too....

golakers
June 16th, 2010, 06:07
Yeah, I've noticed that allready... The only thing is my pic freezes kinda often for a fraction of a second... like with Dino's F-14D... Why is this?

Matt Wynn
June 16th, 2010, 06:08
Yeah, I've noticed that allready... The only thing is my pic freezes kinda often for a fraction of a second... like with Dino's F-14D... Why is this?

i'm not sure, don't think i can recall encountering that issue, anybody got any ideas?