PDA

View Full Version : was curious

hurricane3
June 14th, 2010, 17:34
I'am curious as to why some planes that I have tried to install in CFS3 freeze the sim? Some of the Alpha planes like the Boomerang and the Wellington from Regs site are examples. I have the last AVHistory weapons and effects packs installed(by the way ,what is a weapons preload?) Others are the Meteors for my DPC Korea install and another that I can think of is the Polikarpov I16.There are others that I can't think of at the moment, but I've quit trying to install any more planes (I really have lots that have gone in ok) because it's a crapshoot as to if they will freeze the sim,requireing a reboot just to get out so I can fly something else and delete the offending plane.
No big deal as I have lots that do work but I wouldn't think the Alpha with the self extractor would do this.Just wondering ,thanks

seacondor
June 14th, 2010, 18:19
It could be a sound file issue. Check you have the right sound files for the Planes. Open the sound file and see where it is looking for the Sounds. You can do this in note pad.

italflyer
June 14th, 2010, 23:29
Maybe they need additional weapons to be installed, not just the AVHistory ones. Usually it's stated somewher in the read-me's

NachtPiloten
June 15th, 2010, 03:05
It will be the sounds file. Since there are so many cfs3 versions about it is difficult to make one set of files to work with all of them. We may need to agree on what version of CFS3 we are making files for to prevent such issues or included multiple sound files to be flexible?

Murray Cod
June 15th, 2010, 04:15
I used to get a CTD for one of the loadouts with the Boomerang. The cause was that the files for that particular loadout was in the weapons folder, but not in a dedicated subfolder of its own. The solution was to make a new subfolder in the weapons directory, and move the relevant files into the new subfolder.

hurricane3
June 15th, 2010, 04:52
Thanks for the advice,I mistakely called the Boomerang an Alpha plane when it's an AH plane,thought about it after I shut the puter down and went to bed. As for the sound files I remember to get the Hurricanes from Regs site to work I had to swap sound files with the AH Hurricanes I have.
Thanks for your replys maybe I'l give some of them another try,really liked the Boomerang ,got it to work in FS9 but not in CFS3. Thanks again