PDA

View Full Version : Area 51 Sim AH1Z Viper released

euroastar350
June 14th, 2010, 14:12
http://www.area51sim.com/

MIKE JG
June 14th, 2010, 19:50
Has their stuff gotten any better? Exterior models seem pretty good but otherwise, I don't hear good things about this group and their products.

awj112
June 14th, 2010, 20:05
Looks better than the alternative; a 4 year old basic VC modeled AH-1Z by Perfect Flight for about the same price.

p3aewguy
June 15th, 2010, 05:50
Got it yesterday. Exterior model is good, however, the FDE could use some work. Truthfully, it flies like a light helo. Either that or it's grossly overpowered. And it's very touchy on the controls. Maybe somebody can go through the FDE and make it better.

P3aewguy

MIKE JG
June 15th, 2010, 11:02
That seems to be the consensus on this group, good modeling, not so good FDE's.

WarHorse47
June 15th, 2010, 17:28
Thought I would add my impressions.

The Viper has it's pros and cons. The exterior model looks great. However, there is only one texture. I don't have any FDE issues with my setup, but that may be how I have my sensitivies set.

I only found two animations: the canopy and folding blades. Would like to have seen some more.

The 2D and VC are not bad. Glass cockpit is readible, but not the best. The HUD is quite nice. Works quite well in 2D, but hard to read in the VC unless you zoom in. No framerate hits with this one. As for the rest of the cockpit, not all the switches are clickable. I've never been able to figure out how to set the Heading or CRS direction.

Bottom line (for me) its not bad for $20.00. It could use some tweaks, better documentation, and a lot more textures to really be enjoyable.

--WH

awj112
June 15th, 2010, 18:11
Considering the alternative, I think I am sold.