PDA

View Full Version : Etendard IVM still in Progress...

sparouty
June 13th, 2010, 11:44
Hi!
I can't resist to share with you this screenshot.
Firstly, because I like it (lol) and secondly because I've just try in-flight refueling in a multiplayer session and it was very excited!!

Now, after such a funny flight, I have to go back to work on my VC... :bump:

Regards,
Sylvain

deathfromafar
June 13th, 2010, 12:23
Sylvain, I have been following the progress of the Etendard over at your site and it is looking great! Looking forward to my first flight and carrier ops with the model. :salute:

Cleartheprop
June 13th, 2010, 12:31
Sylvain, I have been following the progress of the Etendard over at your site and it is looking great! Looking forward to my first flight and carrier ops with the model. :salute:

Same for me here Sylvain!
Your work looks very promising !
Thank you :ernae:

Cag40Navy
June 13th, 2010, 13:42
looks like fun! and whats is the link to his site?

Cleartheprop
June 13th, 2010, 13:44
looks like fun! and whats is the link to his site?

He's here : http://perso.numericable.fr/sonny3/RFN/

peter12213
June 13th, 2010, 14:37
Looking great Sylvain mate, really can't wait for this!

jetstreamsky
June 13th, 2010, 15:23
Hmmm wonder how she'll look in racing trim :icon_lol: :d

Cag40Navy
June 13th, 2010, 15:44
wow, where do i get the zypher twin-tail thingymabober!

Great job, cant wait!

kilo delta
June 13th, 2010, 16:07
wow, where do i get the zypher twin-tail thingymabober!

The Fouga Zephyr?... try Restauravia.com ...beware though, I'm getting warnings from my browser (Chrome) that their site is infected.

Cag40Navy
June 13th, 2010, 16:29
The Fouga Zephyr?... try Restauravia.com ...beware though, I'm getting warnings from my browser (Chrome) that their site is infected.
Thanks, ill wait till its clear.

fsafranek
June 13th, 2010, 19:10
It looks like a winner Sylvain. Looking forward to her release.
Best of luck with the VC.
:ernae:

Hi!
I can't resist to share with you this screenshot.
Firstly, because I like it (lol) and secondly because I've just try in-flight refueling in a multiplayer session and it was very excited!!

Now, after such a funny flight, I have to go back to work on my VC... :bump:

Regards,
Sylvain

sparouty
June 13th, 2010, 22:21
Hi!
Thanks for your nice comments!

Regarding the Fouga Zephyr screenshots that you can see in my homebase site: it is the Restauravia's one.
Most of the guys who works on the Etendard with me are Restauravia's member, and the team is working on a full FSX/Acceleration version of this very nice carrier training jet.

A lot of carrier stuff to come in the coming next months!!:jump:

Regards
S.

Cag40Navy
June 13th, 2010, 22:50
Good to know, thank you!

kilo delta
June 14th, 2010, 01:14
and the team is working on a full FSX/Acceleration version of this very nice carrier training jet.

Fantastic news,too. Any plans for them to redo their Magister too.........Irish Air Corps Silver Swallows are a perma-fixture in my virtual hangar.

kilo delta
July 11th, 2010, 09:24
How is the Etendard progressing, Sylvain? :)

Also any word on an FSX Acceleration Fouga Magister...went to check out Restauravia's website but it appears that it's down.

sparouty
July 12th, 2010, 10:25
Hi!
The Etendard is into a C++ phase.
We're working on navigation gauges (ETD used something like the "father" of the intertial navigation system) and also over extended gear management (front gear system which allows to have higher pitch angle for launching)...
This means long nights of work for small progresses but we decided to take times for these "details" (lol)

Regarding Restauravia, their website is off because of virus attacks....:censored:
The FSX Fouga Zephyr (navy version) was a little delayed in order to finish "Dassault MystereIVA" release (expected very soon:jump:), but one tells me that Zephyr will be a very nice Addon! The kind of navy jet trainer that should force me to go back to my FSX shipyards and build more moving carriers (who says "Arromanches/HMS Colossus"?):d:d:d

Regards,
Sylvain

PS: unfortunately, I don't know about a Full-FSX Fouga Magister...

Railrunner130
July 12th, 2010, 10:49
Awesome news about the Zephyr and Fouga. I really enjoy them both- even in FSX. There was also a Latecoere 521 listed. Is it still in the works?

kilo delta
July 12th, 2010, 10:55
Thanks for the update,Sylvain .:ernae:

I'll also keep my fingers crossed for a fsx native Magister.... especially in IAC Silver Swallow paint! ;)

peter12213
July 13th, 2010, 01:35
The kind of navy jet trainer that should force me to go back to my FSX shipyards and build more moving carriers (who says "Arromanches/HMS Colossus"?)

Now your talking Sylvain, really like those late war early fifties carriers!

mike_cyul
July 13th, 2010, 03:20
Checked out the website, and have to say that is one very nice looking project. :applause:

Mike

sparouty
August 28th, 2010, 14:05
Hi!
After some vacations and almost a week spent flying the (beautiful) Razbam's Corsair2, I'm back at work!
This Summer, we had made some signficant progress into gauge coding (carrier Tacan embeded, waypoint navigation, etc...) and I'm trying now to enhance my VC painting and adding 3D details...

Here is a screenshot taken this afternoon, the stick is still missing but my virtual cockpit to-do-list is now almost short (lol)

Regards
S.

Scratch
August 28th, 2010, 14:08
Looking good so far! Love those French aircraft.:ernae:

Cleartheprop
August 28th, 2010, 15:15
Hi!
After some vacations and almost a week spent flying the (beautiful) Razbam's Corsair2, I'm back at work!
This Summer, we had made some signficant progress into gauge coding (carrier Tacan embeded, waypoint navigation, etc...) and I'm trying now to enhance my VC painting and adding 3D details...

Here is a screenshot taken this afternoon, the stick is still missing but my virtual cockpit to-do-list is now almost short (lol)

Regards
S.

Hello Sylvain,
The VC looks fantastic indeed. Can't wait to fly and land this beauty on the Clémenceau. I ordered these 2 books a few days ago to be fully ready for the release of your Etendard IV.
http://www.aerostories.org/~aerobiblio/IMG/arton2418.jpg
http://www.aerostories.org/~aerobiblio/IMG/arton2594.jpg
Bon courage dans la dernière ligne droite !

deathfromafar
August 29th, 2010, 00:36
Looking great. Can't wait to fly the model when it is ready. Some people I know prefer the long nose Super Etendard but I have always been partial to the IV. A long time ago, I used to have two really nice plastic Etendard IV models from Heller model company. Just a classic shape of an aircraft. :salute:

Cleartheprop
August 30th, 2010, 00:41
Hello Sylvain, It seems it is not possible to read the videos on your website (or is it just me ?) Videos are here : http://perso.numericable.fr/sonny3/RFN/FSX_RFND.htm

hae5904
August 30th, 2010, 08:01
Sylvain...like many others I do follow your work constantly (checking your website daily....) ....fantastic work!!

I wonder though, will you also model the IVP recce version??

Cheers,
Hank

sparouty
August 30th, 2010, 13:14
Thank you all!

I wonder though, will you also model the IVP recce version??

Yes the IVP is on my list but certainly we will release first and simple IVM package (only the 2 tanks configuration) and after the all package( clean, 2 tanks, various weapons and refueling pod)...
If in the meanwhile I have the time to modify the exterior model (mainly the nose and adding recco pod) and the built the VC (the same 3D gauges in different places in order to make room for the recco commands) the IVP will be into the included.

If not, I will make another release later...

It doesn't matter for me, I've got still a long way to go with the Etendards! After the IVM and IVP, I have the IVP "modernized" (the one with the camo scheme paint with an enhanced avionic) and then the Super-Etendard (SUé) and at least the Super-Etendard Modernized (the current SEM)...

I prefer do not speak about time line in order to keep my moral high (lol)

Regards,
S.

Warrant
August 30th, 2010, 13:20
It's about time the Etendard is introduced to FSX. Looks great! :salute:

hae5904
August 30th, 2010, 15:06
Thank you all!

Yes the IVP is on my list but certainly we will release first and simple IVM package (only the 2 tanks configuration) and after the all package( clean, 2 tanks, various weapons and refueling pod)...
If in the meanwhile I have the time to modify the exterior model (mainly the nose and adding recco pod) and the built the VC (the same 3D gauges in different places in order to make room for the recco commands) the IVP will be into the included.

If not, I will make another release later...

It doesn't matter for me, I've got still a long way to go with the Etendards! After the IVM and IVP, I have the IVP "modernized" (the one with the camo scheme paint with an enhanced avionic) and then the Super-Etendard (SUé) and at least the Super-Etendard Modernized (the current SEM)...

I prefer do not speak about time line in order to keep my moral high (lol)

Regards,
S.

Thanks for the update Sylvain!! Simply awesome to see the Etendard family coming to life!!

And yes...we will be patient.....:jump:

Cheers

hae5904
September 2nd, 2010, 05:01
Glad I still know something about the French language......preparing myself for carrier ops using sparouty's manual at his website.....cool!!
http://perso.numericable.fr/sonny3/RFN/

Cheers/Salut.....:jump:

peter12213
September 2nd, 2010, 05:38
Fantasic and one of my all time favourite aircraft really cannot wait for this super addition to fsx!

sparouty
September 2nd, 2010, 10:25
Hi!
Many thanks, I'm glad you like this plane!

Glad I still know something about the French language......preparing myself for carrier ops using sparouty's manual at his website.....cool!!
http://perso.numericable.fr/sonny3/RFN/

Cheers/Salut.....:jump:

This manual is a guide maid by Michel Panattoni, my advisor in chief, a former EtendardIVM an Crusader pilot. It explains in detail some navy procedures used for EtendardIVM naval ops. It covers some Zephyr, Crusader and Alizé procedures too, and a former LSO had validated all of that!!
Trust me, this document is full of navy experience:medals:
For now, the pdf is in French, sorry... but I will do my best to translate it (and also the future EtendardIVM manual) in English before the release...:salute:

Regards,
Sylvain

sparouty
September 9th, 2010, 12:30
Hi,
Here is a little video to show you a funny feature added to my Etendard : I call it the "LSO approach control"
Using Neutrino's macros for Carrier Tacan (thanks again Neutrino!!) and Acceleration's sound files, it checks regularly your carrier approach playing different and appropriate LSO sound files.
Now, you don't need to fly FSX carrier mission anymore to ear the LSO voice :mixedsmi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXzWmDyBLb0

Nota: in this video, you can ear the French Acceleration LSO voice
Nota2: we added a canopy transparency possibilty in order to have a pilot view more realistic (in the real life, 2 eyes help to see "through" canopy elements)

Bone
September 9th, 2010, 12:48
very nice

peter12213
September 9th, 2010, 13:06
Amazing!

Cleartheprop
September 9th, 2010, 13:12
a dream come true...the Etendard IV for FSX :ernae:

VaporZ
September 25th, 2010, 04:11
"Royal French Navy" Team's FSX Dassault Etendard IV will be available soon
free for all as a Beta testing model !!!!

Stay tuned !
:jump:
VaporZ

hae5904
September 25th, 2010, 06:00
Great to hear!!!

Just finished the manual Sylvain posted yesterday...I'm prepared!! :wiggle:

Cheers

sparouty
September 26th, 2010, 08:39
"Royal French Navy" Team's FSX Dassault Etendard IV will be available soon
free for all as a Beta testing model !!!!

Stay tuned !
:jump:
VaporZ

Hi!
Yes we're looking for a first release soon. We call it "beta" because this release will not cover our desired scope, but it has been already tested.. so may be, the most appropriate term should be "pre-release"... :icon_lol:

Anyway, we're working on some gauge issues and the documentation before starting to packaging.
An English version of the manual is on my to-do-list ... but days have still only 24hours each...:isadizzy:

Regards,
Sylvain

peter12213
September 26th, 2010, 11:52
I wouldn't worry about an english manual rollus never released one for his mirage and we managed to figure that out between us on here, I'd just concentrate on the actual aircraft itself cause it's your baby so this is just my impateint opinion

hae5904
September 26th, 2010, 12:22
Aucun manuel anglais? pas de problème!

Salut :salute:

deathfromafar
September 26th, 2010, 12:42
Silvain, we who have waited all this time greatly appreciate all your efforts as well as those who have worked on the project with you. We will be very grateful for the initial release as well as the following full release when the time comes. No worry about the manual, we can translate it over if need be! Looking forward to launching and trapping off of Clem with this fine model!

:salute:

fsafranek
September 26th, 2010, 20:23
I wouldn't worry about an english manual rollus never released one for his mirage and we managed to figure that out between us on here, I'd just concentrate on the actual aircraft itself cause it's your baby so this is just my impateint opinion
I translated my copy from a couple weeks ago. Being a Word doc it was easy. Being a Dassault product it was even easier. A very complete model so far with even more added since the version I saw.

VaporZ
September 30th, 2010, 01:24
Complement of information

On French Royal Navy web site, with the Etendard IVM "Manuel de vol"
( flight manual ) there is also to download a 21 pages "Tutorial Appontage
et Catapultage" ( Carrier Take Off and Landings tutorial ) writen by
Michel Panattoni.

In real life, Mr Panatonni is a retired french naval officer and was during
its naval career a real Etendard IVM pilot ( !!!!! ).

This tutorial covers 4 x french naval bases operations plus carrier operations
and detailed carrier circuits for french naval Etendards, Crusaders, Alizés and
Zephyrs naval aircrafts.

Like the Flight manual. this tutorial is also in french language but with a good
online french to english traductor it is quite easy to translate.

Thanks to the RFN Team for this well detailed tutorial !
:applause:
VaporZ

SeanTK
September 30th, 2010, 08:26
I am very much looking forward to this! It looks excellent!
Hopefully there is a chance of seeing it early this weekend?

sparouty
October 1st, 2010, 14:39
I am very much looking forward to this! It looks excellent!
Hopefully there is a chance of seeing it early this weekend?

Hi!
I'm afraid not this WE...
I have some issues on the navigation gauges that remain so I will not package the model this WE...
I hope we'll find out a solution soon...
Regards,
Sylvain

deathfromafar
October 1st, 2010, 22:14
Hi!
I'm afraid not this WE...
I have some issues on the navigation gauges that remain so I will not package the model this WE...
I hope we'll find out a solution soon...
Regards,
Sylvain

Sylvain, we know when it's ready it will be worth the wait. I've been studying the manual and I am quite anxious to get into Etendard IV and hit Le Clem's deck!

Have a good and safe weekend.:salute:

VaporZ
October 2nd, 2010, 01:05
Before the arrival of this superb FSX Etendard IVM you can already download
4 x french "aéronavale" bases scenery with runways equiped with training mirrors
and arrestor cables.

These realistic sceneries have been produced by topgun scenery digital artist
Tony Mezieres and our friend Sylvain Parouty.

These are :

LFRJ Landivisiau and LFRH Lann-Bihoué located in Britanny
plus
LFTW Nimes Garons and LFTH Hyères located in the south of France

These sceneries are available here :
http://royalefrenchnavy.gratisim.fr/FSX_Decors.htm

Well done gentlemen !
VaporZ

delta_lima
October 2nd, 2010, 07:51
Before the arrival of this superb FSX Etendard IVM you can already download
4 x french "aéronavale" bases scenery with runways equiped with training mirrors
and arrestor cables.

These realistic sceneries have been produced by topgun scenery digital artist
Tony Mezieres and our friend Sylvain Parouty.

These are :

LFRJ Landivisiau and LFRH Lann-Bihoué located in Britanny
plus
LFTW Nimes Garons and LFTH Hyères located in the south of France

These sceneries are available here :
http://royalefrenchnavy.gratisim.fr/FSX_Decors.htm

Well done gentlemen !
VaporZ

What a great site - thanks Vapors. Though, we really should keep it quiet from Huub, though ...
(http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=43719)

:)

dl

VaporZ
October 7th, 2010, 02:28
The "Beta/Testing" Etendard IVM to came soon will be the version
equipped with two underwing fuel tanks.

Stay tuned
:kilroy:
VaporZ

peter12213
October 7th, 2010, 04:03
Excellent, I can't wait! :wavey:

fsafranek
October 7th, 2010, 21:03
Been flying this one for a couple of weeks now and giving some feedback. Very well modeled with some very cool features. It's going to be even more awesome that the version I've been looking at. You will need FSUIPC and Acceleration installed to have all the features working. I've put some background and images up on a preview page here:

http://www.mirage4fs.com/preview25.html

You can also follow the development at the pilote-virtuel.com (http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewtopic.php?pid=224776#p224776) forum.

VaporZ
October 8th, 2010, 02:40
Thanks for the info Franck.
The infos you put on your website are always complete and very usefull.

Can you tell us about how the Etendard IVM react on Frames Per Seconds ( FPS ) ?

If you tell me its just like the Lotus Sim L-39C Albatross I will say : Oh yes ! well done.
It you tell me its just like Rollus Mirage 2000 5F I will say : Oh no ! another fps nightmare.

Thanks in advance for the info.
VaporZ

peter12213
October 8th, 2010, 04:52
Thats excellent feedback Frank, and I can imagine this to be in the middle with regard to frames, just because of all the features Sylvain has included but I have no problem with the Mirage 2000-5 on frames so all is well I feel! :jump:

sparouty
October 11th, 2010, 22:01
Hi guys!
The Etendard should not impact too much your FPS. Such a years 60's airplane has a "neddle cockpit" which is more FPS friendly for FSX.
No GPS, complex HUD or radar scope in such generation airplane so FSX has just to deal with the 3D mesh, and my models are not huge : about 4Mo to 5Mo for both exterior and VC .mdl files.

But I'm sure that everyone will test it on its own system soon..question of days I guess...:icon_lol:
Regards
S.

peter12213
October 12th, 2010, 06:49
That's great news Sylvain mate I really will be at the front of the que to download this, it's my favourite dassault Jet if not my favourite jet of all time and I can't wait to do some low level flying with it to and from the FNS Clemenceau!

noddy
October 12th, 2010, 06:54
Looks very impressive.

SADT
October 15th, 2010, 19:25
Excellent progress :jump:,

Cant wait!

peter12213
October 16th, 2010, 05:52
Ny updates on the day of release? Sorry for being impatient but really can't wait for this aircraft!

VaporZ
October 16th, 2010, 10:36
During your waiting for this superb Etendard IVM take a look at these
"vintage" french TV black and white documentaries of the sixties
about the french navy "Aéronavale" :

Carrier qualification on Fouga Zéphyrs
http://www.ina.fr/art-et-culture/litterature/video/CPF04006442/ecole-de-chasse-embarquee.fr.html

First aircraft carrier landing on Crusader
http://www.ina.fr/media/entretiens/video/CPF04006861/premier-appontage.fr.html

Aircraft carrier "Foch"
http://www.ina.fr/video/CPF04007199/le-foch.fr.html
( with a few Etendard IVM footage )

Enjoy !
VaporZ

VaporZ
October 17th, 2010, 03:38
An almost complete super detailed Etendard IVM flight manual
( french language ) is now available here for donload :

http://royalefrenchnavy.gratisim.fr/grenier/EtdIVM.pdf

I think an english language version of this flight manual will eventually
be available.

This Etendard IVM will certainly received the "2010 FSX Freeware of the year"
award.
VaporZ

merida72
October 17th, 2010, 03:42
...and the fighter is in short final?

VaporZ
October 17th, 2010, 08:24
Illustration from Pilote-Virtuel.Com french website.

This beauty will also have Ladder + Intake covers + Wheel chocks
options.

Nice !
VaporZ

SADT
October 17th, 2010, 14:19
Do I see a 3-D attitude indicator in the VC? :jump:

fsafranek
October 17th, 2010, 19:29
Was sent a new beta link on Saturday. Had a nice long look last night. Marked up some edits to the English manual and sent it back to Sylvain. Make sure you have Acceleration and FSUIPC installed for everything to work.

fsafranek
October 17th, 2010, 20:01
Do I see a 3-D attitude indicator in the VC? :jump:
You mean a "Boule" ADI with attitude and direction indication? Well, sort of. The attitude part works fine but the globe doesn't revolve to change the direction indication. Hopefully that might be addressed after the beta. I looked into using the fully functional one from Mark Harper's Mirage III/5 but that panel is all 3D gauges built into the VC and can't be shared like we used to do.

sparouty
October 17th, 2010, 22:09
You mean a "Boule" ADI with attitude and direction indication? Well, sort of. The attitude part works fine but the globe doesn't revolve to change the direction indication. Hopefully that might be addressed after the beta. I looked into using the fully functional one from Mark Harper's Mirage III/5 but that panel is all 3D gauges built into the VC and can't be shared like we used to do.
Hi,
All the gauge are in 3D, but the Etendard is a quite old plane (lol).
The main attitude indicator was a cynlinder one, and the backup ADI looks like a "Boule" ADI but it was not. It's made with a 2D disk for rolling, and a plane model for pitching. Former Etendard pilots says it was difficult to use it and some specific flies were dedicated to this instrument during their training course...

Thanks to the help of extra guys (by the way many thanks Frank!!), the English manual is ready!

Unfortunately, I'm fighting with an bad issue: the plane doesn't keep attached ont the catapult when the carrier is full speed.... When it is OK on one Carrier (Javier's Nimitz, Clemenceau, Skippy's ArkRoyal, FSX one, etc...) it is KO on all the others!! :angryfir:
I'm getting mad trying to find out how the catapult/launchbar works...

Regards,
Sylvain

deathfromafar
October 17th, 2010, 22:34
Sylvain, try resetting the flight or restarting the sim & ai carriers. I have had the problem you describe with a number of FSX models on carriers. Sometimes the catapult holdback is fine when the cat is armed, other times it releases/disarms when I go to full power. The only cure I could find was resetting the flight or restarting the sim. I have researched the cause of this and have found nothing. Let is know what happens.

Rich
October 17th, 2010, 22:48
Try turning max realism off, seems the hold back is released after something like 4 seconds.

oldpropfan
October 18th, 2010, 00:48
While we're all waiting for this beauty I think I should practice more:

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll279/oldpropfan/2010-10-17_23-45-25-826.jpg

Or maybe it's time to dig out the Zephyr and try it.

VaporZ, thanks for posting the links to the French videos, great to watch.

Al

peter12213
October 18th, 2010, 03:02
I can't get the zephr to work here just been practacing doing approches to the Clem with the mystere iva not very realistic but I can imagine the flight characteristics not to be to dissimilar to the Etendard!

delta_lima
October 18th, 2010, 10:41
While we're all waiting for this beauty I think I should practice more:

Or maybe it's time to dig out the Zephyr and try it.

VaporZ, thanks for posting the links to the French videos, great to watch.

Al

Great shot. Even though we know they're static, the deck crew men's position in relation to the flight deck adds so much to the "story" ... :)

Yes, the IVM will be a great addition to the numerous naval air enthusiasts in the community. The Super will be hotly anticipated too, but all in good time.

Great shots SFrank, and well done to the team - looking forward to it!

dl

SADT
October 18th, 2010, 13:22
Will this come with a period French Navy carrier? Or where can you find them?

peter12213
October 18th, 2010, 13:49
There are no older French carriers but the Clem is available at flightsim.com as is the Charles de Gaule but it's not as nicely done as the Clemenceau!

sparouty
October 18th, 2010, 15:28
Hi!
I gave up trying to have the holdback working fine with each different carriers... My issue is certainly due to the pitch taken by her for launching and the small differences between carriers (catapult attached points are not positonned at the same high above the flight deck from one carrier to others...

So it will be OK with Clemenceau, and for others you should have to try twice before keeping attached to the catapult (when the holdback is disarmed, I strike Shift+P for push back until she comes back to the catapult and again shift+I and then it's ok for launching).

No promise but it seems that the final packaging should be OK now, so it sounds like a "ready for launch procedure"?! :cool:

Regards
S.

peter12213
October 18th, 2010, 16:03
Excellent mate on high alert for the release here!

SADT
October 18th, 2010, 18:35
Arm the catapult! :jump: