PDA

View Full Version : Texture loading problems - almost fixed!!

WarHorse47
June 13th, 2010, 06:50
Awhile back I was having all kinds of problems with both scenery and aircraft textures. Happy to say that all the blurries are gone and things are better than ever - except for one minor issue I haven't resolved.

Sometimes, but not always, I have certain textures that just will not load when starting a flight. After starting the engine on my aircraft (prop) I either have to wait a minute or more for the textures to load, or force the texture loading through shortcuts. No matter which prop aircraft I select, the problem is the same when viewing from spot view:

1. The prop motion doesn't show. Either its a grey or fully transparent disk.
2. The pilot is white - no detailed textures
3. Engine smoke does not show. If anything it makes the aircraft invisible until it dissapates.

I'm unclear as to what these particular textures have in common, or why these are the only ones not loading. Nor do I have any idea as to why or what I can adjust with my video card or FS9.cfg settings.

Anybody experienced something like this? :salute:

Thanks in advance.

--WH

falcon409
June 13th, 2010, 07:04
WH,
What are your system specs? It kinda sounds like a graphics problem, ie; an older graphics card, not enough memory, things like that.

aardvark62
June 13th, 2010, 07:06
I too find that these tend to be the last textures to load - possibly because they are animated objects (not sure about the pilot though).
Sorry - no solution, just empathy!

A.

WarHorse47
June 13th, 2010, 11:59
WH,
What are your system specs? It kinda sounds like a graphics problem, ie; an older graphics card, not enough memory, things like that.Yeah, it's an older card. A Radeon ATI 9700 Pro with 128 Mb DDR ram. It doesn't seem to affect any other programs on my system, just FS9. I wasn't having this issue until recently. That's why I was kind of thinking I might have overlooked an FS9.cfg entry or ATI Catalyst setting.

But I'm really curious as to why it is those specific textures and not others. My scenery including clouds look great, the aircraft textures look great, and there is no FPS stuttering. It's just that I have to force-load the textures to get these specific textures to show. Once I do that, there doesn't seem to be a problem meaning I can fly for quite some time and change aircraft, and the issue doesn't surface again. It's most noticable when I first start the sim and the first flight. :173go1:

--WH