PDA

View Full Version : Transavia repaints for Jens B. Kristensen's Douglas DC-6

Maarten -
June 13th, 2010, 03:37
Hi there,

Repaints for Jens' FS2004 Douglas DC-6 (V2.0) representing Transavia Holland DC-6's PH-TRA (1966) and PH-TRB (1968) have just been uploaded to Avsim.com, Flightsim.com and Sim-Outhouse.com.

The repaints for the FSX version will be available soon. At the moment they are being checked since they are dds format and I don't have FSX on my old computer.

Cheers,
Maarten

huub vink
June 13th, 2010, 06:36
Nice Maarten! I had not realised Transavia flew the DC-6 as well. I always thought they had started their operations with the Caravelle.

Cheers,
Huub

Maarten -
June 13th, 2010, 08:06
Thank you, Huub!

Transavia started its activities in November 1966 with 2 DC-6's (PH-TRA and -TRB) and 1 DC-6B (PH-TRC). In the Spring of 1968 they leased from Loftleidir two DC-6B's (PH-TRD and -TRE and in October and December 1968 two more (PH-TRL and -TRZ). From October 1968 on the whole DC-6 fleet was brought into action on the Biafran Airlift. By that time several ex-Swissair and - I think - ex-United Caravelles had been introduced by Transavia and they took over the normal charter and IT-activities. The Sixes were sold to Flughjalp (Iceland) and soldiered on between Sao Tome and Biafra till January 1970. By then PH-TRA and -TRB had been w/o (in 1969) following damage at Uli airstrip (Biafra).

BTW: Jaap de Baare has made a beautiful repaint for the revised CalClassic DC-6B featuring Transavia's PH-TRC. Available at Avsim.com.

Cheers,
Maarten