PDA

View Full Version : Some news from Alphasim

RL_201
June 10th, 2010, 06:46
After noticing that the SAAB Viggen was no longer available at their shop, and reading about the Enterprise, I contacted Phil at Alphasim. I heard back from him, the SAAB Viggen will be released as freeware (he didn't say when), and as far as the USS Enterprise goes, it's status is up in the air.

Blackbird686
June 10th, 2010, 10:16
If ALPHA releases the Saab Viggen as freeware, that will be a really nice treat to the FS Community. I purchased this model from ALPHA some time ago and it's still a top shelf flyer. Fast, loads of fun, lots of very nice detail, excellent VC... etc. There are several very nice repaints available for it too. Hope for the best.... or should I say "soon"...:p:

BB686:USA-flag:

Clarke123
June 10th, 2010, 10:37
:d Please let the Enterprise be freeware. I promise I'll be good for the rest of the year. :engel016:

MaddogK
June 10th, 2010, 12:33
:d Please let the Enterprise be freeware. I promise I'll be good for the rest of the year. :engel016:

Don't think that will happen soon, best part of the 'Big E' pkg is the AI A/C (those are still payware).

Clarke123
June 10th, 2010, 12:56
Don't think that will happen soon, best part of the 'Big E' pkg is the AI A/C (those are still payware).
Would look even better with some of Nick Blacks Hornets with the folding wings. Replace the Tomcats with Fernando Martinezs Phantoms on the Yankee station Enterprise. Eric Dantes Hawkeye....Chris Jones Seaking......Mal Lloyd and Rob Nieuwenhovens AI version of Jordan Moores Seahawk...........I could go on all day really. Navy AI! :jump:

fsafranek
June 10th, 2010, 19:32
We released a free demo copy of the Enterprise a few years ago. It was stationed off Puerto Rico. I don't recall if it included all the AI or not. A lot of us used to gather for multiplayer around that area. You can find it on avsim, flightsim, and simviation -- I uploaded it to all the usual places.
:ernae:

Mick
June 10th, 2010, 19:52
We released a free demo copy of the Enterprise a few years ago. It was stationed off Puerto Rico. I don't recall if it included all the AI or not. A lot of us used to gather for multiplayer around that area. You can find it on avsim, flightsim, and simviation -- I uploaded it to all the usual places.

And a very welcome gift it was! A belated Thank You!

No, I don't think it came with any AI in its freeware version. At least it doesn't have any now, and I don't recall removing any.

I've made the short hop from CVN-65 to or from NAS Roosevelt Roads in a number of AlphaSim planes like the FJ-3 Fury and the A3D Whale.

If anyone doesn't already have it, I can provide the Arrestor Cables cable catch zone. You might send me a PM in case I don't see a request in this thread.

Matt Wynn
June 11th, 2010, 02:23
And a very welcome gift it was! A belated Thank You!

No, I don't think it came with any AI in its freeware version. At least it doesn't have any now, and I don't recall removing any.

I've made the short hop from CVN-65 to or from NAS Roosevelt Roads in a number of AlphaSim planes like the FJ-3 Fury and the A3D Whale.

If anyone doesn't already have it, I can provide the Arrestor Cables cable catch zone. You might send me a PM in case I don't see a request in this thread.

ooooh cable catch zone for the Big-E, now i'm intrigued :icon_lol:

awj112
June 11th, 2010, 07:23

As I recall, the deck was empty but it lead me to buy the full version. Mission accomplished.

hawkeye52
June 11th, 2010, 12:17

Hey Mick, I'm game! I regularly hang out at Roosy Roads (that's were I test-fly newly D/L'd Naval types); ditto USAF types at Ramey on the other end; and I just D/L'd CVN-65. So if you'd be kind enough to send me the Arrestor Cables cable catch zone, we can take a load off STT & STX.

My e-mail is Deleted by Mod...Come on guys, don't post your e-mail addresses in open threads, send them via PM. OBIO

Thank you, sir. :salute:

- H52

Mickey D
June 17th, 2010, 07:07

It very much depends whether the original author, Ninja Mouse, will allow it's release for freewware.
I think it may be doubtful.