PDA

View Full Version : FSD Commander 115TC

SADT
June 10th, 2010, 00:47
Hi,

Does anyone here have the FSD Commander 115TC? It looks really great on the website and it is on special but I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on the aircraft.

BTW - My system specs are: Win 7 32, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 2.5GHz Intel Dual core CPU, Nvidia 9600GT 512MB graphics card.

Any opinions gripes/likes please post.

Cheers,
Craig Tatley

Snave
June 10th, 2010, 01:30
Hi,

Does anyone here have the FSD Commander 115TC? It looks really great on the website and it is on special but I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on the aircraft.

BTW - My system specs are: Win 7 32, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 2.5GHz Intel Dual core CPU, Nvidia 9600GT 512MB graphics card.

Any opinions gripes/likes please post.

Cheers,
Craig Tatley

7fps.

Removed it.

peter12213
June 10th, 2010, 03:42
7fps. Removed it.

To me FSD = Bad FPS unfortunately because they make some cracking products but I'm always frightened to buy them after I bought the YF23!

falcon409
June 10th, 2010, 04:46
My gripes are with FSD and not their products, but I have heard from other owners that the aircraft in question is a heavy hitter on fps. I no longer purchase from FSD (personal reasons).:salute:

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
June 10th, 2010, 06:11
FSD offers a money back guarantee if not satisfied , they do their best to offer outstanding support and are not the same outfit they were before i arrived , gone is all the antipiracy gobbledygook from the installers and vanishing aircraft interiors, the Commander was the last aircraft done prior to my tenure so i didn’t have any part in its development but if frame rates are an issue for you i suggest giving the V Tail a try , it’s the same price and is totally optimised and built from the ground up to minimize performance issues, it has also been acknowledged as having an outstanding FDE and sound set .<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Snave
June 10th, 2010, 06:43
FSD offers a money back guarantee if not satisfied , they do their best to offer outstanding support and are not the same outfit they were before i arrived , gone is all the antipiracy gobbledygook from the installers and vanishing aircraft interiors, the Commander was the last aircraft done prior to my tenure so i didn’t have any part in its development but if frame rates are an issue for you i suggest giving the V Tail a try , it’s the same price and is totally optimised and built from the ground up to minimize performance issues, it has also been acknowledged as having an outstanding FDE and sound set .<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Really? Steve small told me specifically you were refunding my V-tail purchase as it simply isn't flyable - not through fps issues, at which it is admirable, but through the incorrect ASI indication, an error which is conspicuously absent from the support forum, yet it is not system specific - the ASI reads knots as mph, which would be a `no go` maintenance advisory if it occurred in a real aircraft with no backup gauge that did not have the error.
I also highlighted two other errors incompatible with being `fit for purpose` but those issues were also actually removed from the forum, and I was told by small (who no longer qualifies for a capital) that they FSD don't want me as a customer...

...yet no refund to date. Nor correction for the issues that would make the absence of a refund into a flyable, usable aircraft package.

Still think FSD have left their demons behind them..? Because I, and many others, don't.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
June 10th, 2010, 07:05
You forget to mention Simon that there is a history going back to 2002 between you and Steve that might have influenced the relationship. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
There other websites that have banned you , Avsim, (twice for ranting ) , FlightSim.com for promoting piracy as the best means for attaining payware aircraft, i have a series of emails where you accuse a number of sim sites of being Fiefdoms , leading to your being banned the first time at Avsim .<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Quite a history , i also noted that some of your viewpoints garnered the disdain of members here at SOH , it’s a small community with the same players on many teams.

Chuck Jodry Managing Editor Avsim , and associated with FSD , ESDG, Xtreme Prototypes, DreamFleet , MilViz , FsAddon , Vertigo Studios , and troubleshooting for a host of others.

hews500d
June 10th, 2010, 07:07
I have the FSD Commander and am not disappointed at all. Great sound and VC. Good support from FSD (over the weekend I might add) with an install issue that I had, but thanks to Tim and the guys, we got it sorted out.

FPS are good on my system, i7 920 OC'd to 3.4 GHZ, Vista 64

Darrell

peter12213
June 10th, 2010, 07:12
Can I just say, while I said that FSD aircraft have bad frame rates, I have only ever really flown the YF23 apart from the O2A which was an ex fs2004 product and a great one, I have in no way ever had a problem with the service from FSD or any problem with mistakes on there aircraft (I Found none) Just so you know and don't take a disliking to me either guys!

IanHenry
June 10th, 2010, 07:48
I have it and have never had any problems with it and no frame rate problems, I quite like it.

Ian.

gera
June 10th, 2010, 07:56
I have their Pipers and the only Turbo Porter in the world and they are just great.....good service from them too. Fly the Porter almost every day, great model.

gradyhappyg
June 10th, 2010, 08:01
I just got it on sale and have 14 hours in it so far and no problems at all.
It's quickly moving up my favorites list.

Hector
June 10th, 2010, 09:56
I liked the Commander quite a lot and its among my favourites in FSX.The only problem i had with it was the GPS refused to turn on if i started a second flight immediately after the first but when i reported this to FSD,they were on the ball straight away.I have always found their support first rate and thats why i own nearly all of their civilian range of aircraft

Hector

Lionheart
June 10th, 2010, 09:58
That is one NICE looking VC. I may have to pick this up.

Cool tail on this plane. I like that high up elevator on the rudder.

Bill

clmooring
June 10th, 2010, 15:59
I have the commander and dont see any noticable difference between my FPS with it and other add-on planes I have purchased.

I do however have one small issue I am trying to work out. I dont seem to be able to get the glide slope indicator to work. I sure it is probably operator error. But any help the good people at FSD, or others, can provide will be appreciated.

PS... I think it is one of the best looking planes in real world GA.

Snave
June 11th, 2010, 01:46
You forget to mention Simon that there is a history going back to 2002 between you and Steve that might have influenced the relationship. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
There other websites that have banned you , Avsim, (twice for ranting ) , FlightSim.com for promoting piracy as the best means for attaining payware aircraft, i have a series of emails where you accuse a number of sim sites of being Fiefdoms , leading to your being banned the first time at Avsim .<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Quite a history , i also noted that some of your viewpoints garnered the disdain of members here at SOH , it’s a small community with the same players on many teams.

Chuck Jodry Managing Editor Avsim , and associated with FSD , ESDG, Xtreme Prototypes, DreamFleet , MilViz , FsAddon , Vertigo Studios , and troubleshooting for a host of others.

Incorrect, on several counts.

However, your EULA and purchase process make no mention - and no distinction - between customers you do and customers you don't want.

Quick enough to accept the money.
Fast enough to pop in here and `remind` everyone of the full money back guarantee, (which you don't deliver)
Superspeedy at removing topics from your own forums that don't show the product to be the level of perfection you claim it to be (not to mention modifying reviews that don't help you sell the products from your own sales site at Avsim without the knowledge or consent of the author) and feeling able to launch personal attacks in the name of the company while criticising one who has done no such thing in public, in a forum where such attacks are not permitted...

Well Chuck, many might see that as the tip of an iceberg of justification for those claims of fiefdoms?

I wasn't the only one complaining about FSD business methodology and products. Others now see why. So answer the question: When is the fix for the ASI in the V35 going to be available? When are the other problems I brought to your attention to be patched? If the answer is `never`, then why have I not received my refund?

Thanks awfully for your contribution, I'm sure it's enabled many more to see FSD for what they really are.

Oh, and I still post at Avsim. Regularly...

For those who care, here is the complete email from Steve small:

Simon,

Some years ago we blocked your customer ID from further purchases of our products, and refunded those you had purchased. We did that because of your appalling behaviour at the time, which alienated many. Unfortunately it seems you have circumvented that ecommerce block and obtained the V35B Bonanza. We would rather you had not, for we simply do not want you as a customer as we told you before. To that end, your purchase has been refunded and your credit card and all other details blocked from further transactions. As the refund has been processed, we expect you to promptly remove the software from your computer.

The forum posts you have been made have been deleted and your multiple forum ID's have also been deleted. You now have no reason to use the forum, and any further registrations will also be deleted. You might well have had something useful to add, but in view of your recent behaviour, I expect not. Frankly, I didn't read the posts before I removed them.

We regret that you've never been able to apologise for your past and ongoing damaging actions. We do not like taking these actions, but don't see that we have any choice. We were friends once, so long ago, and I always felt you had a lot to offer. C'est la vie, I suppose.

Good luck for the future.

and my reply - again, complete, so there is no doubting or misconstruing:

Steve,

Sadly the terms of the EULA do not permit you to unilaterally require me to remove anything from my computer, and I do not, will not and shall not accept your terms. I have no intention of removing goods that I have paid money for in expectation of a level of service from the service provider. Your only opportunity to deny the purchase was prior to the EULA being signed and agreed - i.e. prior to installation.

You didn't take the opportunity then, so I won't take the requested action now.

You are technically in breach of contract, but you will not prevent me from posting in your forums. You never have done, I am still there, will always be there and the ability to circumvent your rather peurile protections will not prevent me from making purchases now and in the future. This is something I have told you about before. You can NEVER remove me from your forums. It's only a question of which of my innumerable nom de guerres to use next... and you won't catch them all. In fact you've caught almost none of them in recent years even allowing for forum revamps!

However, the somewhat shoddy state of the current release V35B required three separate issues to be raised: These issues can either be raised in a forum over which you have editorial control, in a manner which is both factual and in perfect accordance with forum terms and conditions - and only requiring you to take the appropriate remedial action or advise what action needs be taken - or they can be taken up (in varying degrees of vitriol and vehemence, no doubt) with innumerable other flight simulation sites where of course, you DON'T have editorial control. The recent topic at Avsim should have taught you how far south one of those topics can go. Ironically, not even at my hand on that occasion!

These issues affect other users, not just me, and will surface and require to be dealt with, and you won't sweeten the message by shooting the messenger, even if you could be bothered to read my perfectly civilised questions before deleting them.

Nice to hear from you again after all these years, now stop acting like a child, grow up and accept that I don't apologise when I'm right, and I'm only very rarely wrong. I've identified three fundamental problems with the software, the damage will be done by that, not anything I might choose to say about it...

Regards,

NO refund. NO fix....

Caveat Emptor on the 115....:salute:

Bushpounder
June 11th, 2010, 03:18
Chuck - I'm surprised he's allowed on this site to even post! He does have a bad track record EVERYWHERE. Now where is that ignore button ..... ;)

b52bob
June 11th, 2010, 07:48
Please, can we can this topic? Never had problems with FSD and if I had, it would be private between me and the company. Can't people understand that we don't need to see everyone's dirty linen,

If you have something you want to complain about, make it constructive,not destructive.

My 2 cents worth

falcon409
June 11th, 2010, 08:36
Yep, I believe it's time to close this one. No further good will come from leaving it open.

PRB
June 11th, 2010, 08:42
I am closing this thread, by request of the OP, because somebody decided to use the occasion of this thread to start a public fight with FSD. If you have a problem with FSD, you will likely get better results by taking the issue up with FSD. This is not the place.