PDA

View Full Version : Some new threads for Pepe's Barracuda ...

UncleTgt
June 6th, 2010, 13:37
Another Indian Ocean skin, this time Pepe's CFS2 conversion of Pakayan's Barracuda Mk2 ...:salute:

Rami
June 6th, 2010, 14:48
UncleTgt,

Wow! Truly awesome work. :ernae:

moonbutter2
June 6th, 2010, 21:12
Has anybody messed with Kazunori Ito Cuda? It is a sweet model but I am lame and can on;y convert it so far.

peperez
June 7th, 2010, 02:25
Has anybody messed with Kazunori Ito Cuda? It is a sweet model but I am lame and can on;y convert it so far.

PM me...

peperez
June 13th, 2010, 05:23
Another Indian Ocean skin, this time Pepe's CFS2 conversion of Pakayan's Barracuda Mk2 ...:salute:

I used your skin as a basis for an European Theatre aircraft. I, also, completely refit the package with simulate VC and a revised Aircraft.cfg. If you authorize, I can upload the new package today, including both options.

Cheers

Pepe

UncleTgt
June 13th, 2010, 05:50
Cool!

No-one able to tweak the static prop appearance?

I think the dp needs updating - the rear mg gunflash's are too low, & I think there are better weapon choices these days to simulate ...

Centreline pylon
1 x torpedo or 1 x 1000lb bomb, & maybe "RAF_mine", but I can't find a reference to confirm the mine payload?

Operation Tungsten references 1600lb bomb - don't know if we have one we can use ...

wing racks
6 x 250lb bombs

wings & centreline
3 x 500lb bombs

wing racks?
4 x MkVII DC (ASW) or MkXI DC (Baldy's)

Cheers

I used your skin as a basis for an European Theatre aircraft. I, also, completely refit the package with simulate VC and a revised Aircraft.cfg. If you authorize, I can upload the new package today, including both options.

Cheers

Pepe

Devildog73
June 13th, 2010, 08:38

A very "brave" pilot to carrier land with a torpedo hung under the aircraft! I suspect the deck officer will give you a wave off! Get some altitude and bail out it if the torpedo is hung up and unable to release.:bump:

peperez
June 14th, 2010, 03:20
Cool!

No-one able to tweak the static prop appearance?

I think the dp needs updating - the rear mg gunflash's are too low, & I think there are better weapon choices these days to simulate ...

Centreline pylon
1 x torpedo or 1 x 1000lb bomb, & maybe "RAF_mine", but I can't find a reference to confirm the mine payload?

Operation Tungsten references 1600lb bomb - don't know if we have one we can use ...

wing racks
6 x 250lb bombs

wings & centreline
3 x 500lb bombs

wing racks?
4 x MkVII DC (ASW) or MkXI DC (Baldy's)

Cheers

You can rework the DP... By the way, is there a way to put a VC?

Cheers

Pepe

sc7500
June 14th, 2010, 08:46
...Operation Tungsten references 1600lb bomb - don't know if we have one we can use ......

Alphasim's weapons_01_FREE.zip included a 1650# Bomb... What's 50 pounds between enemies...?

SC
:kilroy:

trasno
June 14th, 2010, 11:05
Alphasim's weapons_01_FREE.zip included a 1650# Bomb... What's 50 pounds between enemies...?

SC

If it is the bomb I think (a yellow one) is very different from the US 1600 pounder perforant bomb used by Barracudas against the Tirpitz.

Bytheway, I just finished reding "Barracuda pilot". No a greta book, but some useful pieces of information. The Barracuda was easy to land in a carrier, and it was a good dive bomber and torpedo bomber. The main disatvantage was short radious, and difficult to learn to fly for pilots that came from biplanes.

Trasno

sc7500
June 14th, 2010, 11:51
..If it is the bomb I think (a yellow one) is very different from the US 1600 pounder perforant bomb used by Barracudas against the Tirpitz...

Not sure, since I don't have it installed to give you a 'live' image... but here's the DDS file converted to BMP for your viewing. Worse to worse, you COULD always repaint the bomb color to suit...

SC

hewman100
June 14th, 2010, 13:35
Nice stuff UT!

A revamp would be wonderful Pepe.

trasno
June 15th, 2010, 05:24
Not sure, since I don't have it installed to give you a 'live' image... but here's the DDS file converted to BMP for your viewing. Worse to worse, you COULD always repaint the bomb color to suit...

SC

The problem is not the bomb color, but its shape. Is wrong. Here is the real thing:

sc7500
June 15th, 2010, 08:48
...The problem is not the bomb color, but its shape. Is wrong. Here is the real thing:...

Ah ! I understand now.

I have an extensive collection of weapons files - let me work on finding one that is close this evening.

Worse comes to worse, perhaps one of our Bomb Gurus could "develop" one quickly for this project...?

SC

trasno
June 15th, 2010, 09:18
I tried time ago to build the bomb with Easy Object Designer, but I was unable to load the bgl file into the game... bytheway, the model was very bad, and I didnīt the textures.

Trasno

trasno
June 15th, 2010, 09:22
Ah ! I understand now.

I have an extensive collection of weapons files - let me work on finding one that is close this evening.

Worse comes to worse, perhaps one of our Bomb Gurus could "develop" one quickly for this project...?

SC
I forgot to say that I took the default CFS1 bomb, and extracted the bgl file, modified the scam file for enlarging the bomb (lenght scale) and them rebuilt it to a bgl, but it is not the same of course. Is black for default, not green, and very large.

Trasno

peperez
June 16th, 2010, 05:53
Nice stuff UT!

A revamp would be wonderful Pepe.

I uploaded it. It's on the British section under Payakan name.

Pips
June 16th, 2010, 15:23
Lovely skins.

But MY GOD, that aircraft has to be the most butt-ugly one ever developed! :)

hewman100
June 17th, 2010, 01:16
But MY GOD, that aircraft has to be the most butt-ugly one ever developed! :)

I suggest you look at some French 1920s and 1930s designs Pips, the Barra looks positively beautiful by comparison!

Pips
June 17th, 2010, 05:10
Very true, the French did design some shockers! :)

UncleTgt
June 21st, 2010, 07:31
You can rework the DP...

Cheers

Pepe

New dp file attached. The 1600lb bomb is a workaround ... I used a Jap 800kg bomb instead

go here & get the japanese weapons pack to get a steel grey one without any jap stencils all over it!

http://www.kawausohermitage.sakura.ne.jp/ & get hold of ....../Hanger/KW_Weapons/KW_Weapons_V21.zip

trasno
June 21st, 2010, 07:55
Two issues about the Barra:

-The underfuselage shape is wrong for my eye.
- The propeller is silver, how can I change it to black?

About the 1640 lb bomb, I was thinking:Take a US 1000 lb bomb from the american bomb pack, open it con bgl analyze, change the scasm file so the longitudinal scale is make it longer, but the same diameter, compile it again changing the name, make a new dp for the bomb. I did this with the default CFS1 bomb.

Trasno