PDA

View Full Version : Manitowoc airshow

Emil Frand
June 6th, 2010, 11:12
small airshow near me over the weekend, the oldest production c47 was there think it was either 27th or 47th one built, couple a10s and a p51, canadian t33s,five t28s

robert41
June 6th, 2010, 11:30
Ive been to the Manitowoc Air Show three or four times in years past. Nice little airport. Thanks for the pics Emil.

TARPSBird
June 6th, 2010, 11:32
Looks like it was good air show weather. :)

TomSteber
June 7th, 2010, 04:17
I was there Saturday and the weather was great right up until the very last few minutes of the show. Then it started to rain. Had a great time. Manitowoc's "Thunder on the Lakeshore" is IMHO the best bang for the buck around. Roughly 5 hours of airshow featuring some of the "Big Guns" of the airshow curcuit and modern military jet demos all for $5 plus $3 parking.

TomSteber
June 7th, 2010, 04:20
A few more:
oops, put one in there twice.

Kiwikat
June 7th, 2010, 04:22
Wasn't expecting any of you guys to be there or I would have posted a thread... :frown:

Here are my shots from Saturday: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kiwikat88/sets/72157624087480377/

Tom, you must have been sitting like right in front of me, literally! LOL

Emil Frand
June 7th, 2010, 05:05
Was there saturday as well and yeah its the best bang for the buck airshow Ive been to, five bucks and 3 dollar parking right in the field. that guy flying the stearman was frikkin awesome and though it was by no means eaa it was nice with the smaller crowd.

TomSteber
June 7th, 2010, 05:41
[QUOTE=Emil Frand;427613]that guy flying the stearman was frikkin awesomeQUOTE]

John Mohr is considered THE best Stearman pilot probably in the world.
He's flying at Oshkosh again this year too.

TomSteber
June 7th, 2010, 05:46
Tom, you must have been sitting like right in front of me, literally! LOL
Kiwikat, I think the same thing happened at last years Oshkosh, didn't it?
One of these times we're gonna have to hook up at one of these shows.
I'll let you sit in front next time! :)

PS: Either of you go for a chopper ride?

Kiwikat
June 7th, 2010, 13:10
Kiwikat, I think the same thing happened at last years Oshkosh, didn't it?
One of these times we're gonna have to hook up at one of these shows.
I'll let you sit in front next time! :)

PS: Either of you go for a chopper ride?

I guess we've got good taste in seating. :icon_lol: Last year we didn't have a SOH get together at EAA. We really need to do it this year. :wavey:

I didn't go for a chopper ride. They seemed very short. The airplane ride looked to be a slightly better deal, but I decided to stay on the ground and take photos. It sure was good practice, though the bright grey sky ruined any of the photos that did turn out.

TomSteber
June 7th, 2010, 17:36
I guess we've got good taste in seating. :icon_lol: Last year we didn't have a SOH get together at EAA. We really need to do it this year. :wavey:

I didn't go for a chopper ride. They seemed very short. The airplane ride looked to be a slightly better deal, but I decided to stay on the ground and take photos. It sure was good practice, though the bright grey sky ruined any of the photos that did turn out.
Chopper ride was short (5min+), but I didn't have to pay. :)
I'll always take that deal.