PDA

View Full Version : FSD T-38 Payware vs Freeware????

sctybdy
June 2nd, 2010, 06:24
Right now FSD has the payware T-38 on sale and having the freeware version from fs2002, I was wondering what the difference's between the two are?

Z-claudius24
June 2nd, 2010, 10:34
Hi,

I was wondering what the difference's between the two are?

It's one difference I know already by reading you message ... the price ! :jump:
Otherwise I dunno for the other differences .. I don't own any of those planes ...

LonelyplanetXO
June 2nd, 2010, 12:35
I have the payware version. Got it ages ago but my recollection was the main difference was reflective canopy - external - in the payware version (canopy was invisible on the FS2002 freeware version when ported to FS) and maybe a tweak or two to the flight model as FS2002 models tended to be rather nose-heavy in FS9. I'm sure there was a glass fix for the freeware one, maybe google it. That said, the payware one was dirt cheap and I've had many many hours of great flying in that model.

LPXO

WarHorse47
June 2nd, 2010, 15:00
I have them both, but haven't flown them for awhile.

There's a difference in gauges as I recall. The 2D and VC cockpits are great with both versions. I did have some transparent external textures issues with the freeware that I couldn't resolve.

--WH

OBIO
June 2nd, 2010, 15:06
I have the freeware FS2002 version...the canopy is totally invisible...I am working on that issue under orders from some Greek guy in the British Army who talks with a Hungarian accent and wears Italian loafers (or something like that). Will get back to that tweak this evening.....right now I am going fishing!

OBIO

sctybdy
June 2nd, 2010, 17:53
I know some people in America that own everything from china:jump:

Matt Wynn
June 2nd, 2010, 17:57
How did you know I wear Italian shoes? *putting counter surveillance into action*

OBIO
June 2nd, 2010, 21:37
How did you know I wear Italian shoes? *putting counter surveillance into action*

How did I know you wear Italian shoes? The last time I was in Nigeria, pumping Argentinian fuel into the Greek RF-4s, I swiped the film from the cameras, took it to the local Walmart and had it developed and printed as 4 by 6 glossies. And in one of those pictures, there you were...wearing your Oh So Cool British Commando under shorts and a pair of butter soft Italian loafers. Yep, those RF-4s had you in their sites.

)))))))))))))))))

On a much more serious....and much less disturbing....note: I have the canopy glass for the FSD T-38 FS2002 Freeware fixed. It is no longer invisible. I don't know if I can upload the modified MDLs...will have to check the read me files and see...but until then, if anyone wants the tweaked MDL files so that your T-38s will have visible canopies...just send me a PM with your E-Mail address and I will send them to you....DO NOT PUT YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS IN THIS THREAD.

Smoothie...check your e-mail...done did sent ya the files

OBIO

sctybdy
June 2nd, 2010, 23:07
Yep, Wherever I go- be it in public or on the internet, I somehow find the people who speak of British Undies and Loafers:jump:!!!!! You guys really make me laugh. Thanks for the help. I went ahead and through a few bucks FSD's way and got the T-38. Not a whole lot different than the freeware version, but hey $12. Worth it to ensure they keep up the good work.
I'm going to go to bed now and dream of Hot oiled up women wearing nothing but my smile:kilroy: .
Anything to keep the thought of kerosone covered knickers out:salute:.

Alain_F355
June 3rd, 2010, 10:26
Besides the invisible glass issue (I never found the patch) there are a few other differences. The freeware version has an analog cockpit. The payware version has a digital HSI and RMI (hope I got the names right).

You can use the freeware repaints on the payware version so the model and textures are pretty much the same. The payware version has modelled bolts along the edge of the canopy. In the freeware version they were textured. For some reason the textured bolts are not in the same place as the modelled bolts which looks a bit strange but that is a minor problem.

The T-38 and F-5 are in my top 10 aircraft thanks to Area 88:jump: so I thought it was worth it to get the payware version.

Matt Wynn
June 3rd, 2010, 11:25
How did I know you wear Italian shoes? The last time I was in Nigeria, pumping Argentinian fuel into the Greek RF-4s, I swiped the film from the cameras, took it to the local Walmart and had it developed and printed as 4 by 6 glossies. And in one of those pictures, there you were...wearing your Oh So Cool British Commando under shorts and a pair of butter soft Italian loafers. Yep, those RF-4s had you in their sites......

Smoothie...check your e-mail...done did sent ya the files

OBIO

thanks pal, and thats the last time i walk around in my under shorts when the RF-4 is about...

anyways Alain has the T-38 pretty much summed up, no real discernible difference, i prefer the Analog Pit but i'm not sure why... :jump: