PDA

View Full Version : Issue with ETO sound aliases

wsmwsm
June 1st, 2010, 15:59
Is it my install or has anyone else experienced this?

There are a number of ETO aircraft whose engine sounds are aliased to sound files that don't exist in ETO, specifically any sound file whose prefix is "ETO". For example, The Tarpons and Avengers are aliased to the DR_Engine_Sounds folder but call for "ETO_Avenger_Tarpon_radial". Yet there is no sound file that matches the alias. Similarly, the CR32 Fiat is aliased to a file entitled "ETO_Fiat_CR32" which also doesn't exist.

All of the Lancasters are aliased to "ETO_Engine_Merlin_XX_V_12 4x" which is also absent from my DR_Engine_Sounds folder.

Am I missing sound files or is this just a glitch?

grizzly50
June 1st, 2010, 17:47
:kilroy:Wsmwsm, you are clearly missing those engine sounds folders. They ARE in my stock ETO main game folder.

Here's the proper pathway for each:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion\aircraft\DR_Engine_Sounds\ETO_Avenger-Tarpon radial

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion\aircraft\DR_Engine_Sounds\ETO_Engine_Mer lin_ XX_V_12 4x

They have been there since ETO 1.20.

They were not added for ETO 1.30 or 1.31.

Do a Windows search of your main game folder to see if they may have been installed somewhere else.

Make sure you have properly installed ETO 1.20 over ETO 1.0. If not, you may have other problems, too.

I hope this helps.:d

wsmwsm
June 2nd, 2010, 03:52
Not there. Not anywhere. I've reinstalled ETO from the ground up twice recently - figuring something was amiss - but no go. I'll try again.

grizzly50
June 2nd, 2010, 05:18
:kilroy:Wsmwsm,

Hmmm...that is rather odd. Perhaps there is something wrong with your ETO 1.20 download?

Proper full installation order is ETO 1.0 + ETO 1.20 + ETO 1.30 + ETO 1.31.

PM me with your e-mail address and the names of the folders you are missing, and I'll see to it you get them.:d