PDA

View Full Version : Could the LOTR prequel, Hobbit, be canceled?

Cloud9Gal
May 31st, 2010, 16:53
I will be curious to see who will take del Torro's place, if they find a new director in time that is.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap.org/director-quits-hobbit-film-over-production-delay-ap

Skittles
May 31st, 2010, 16:58
Someone needs to go around the MGM board of directors and give each and every one a solid kick in the head.

This film will be hugely profitable. There is no doubt. It could be utter crap and it'll still be hugely successful.

HouseHobbit
May 31st, 2010, 17:26
:a1451:

I may have to Jump Up and Hit the fools at MGM in the Knee cap if they keep this up..
Nothing more dangerous then a angry hobbit, I'll hit them right in the Knee cap..:isadizzy:
I'm so dangerous I even Scare Myself..

OPPPS..I just did..
Off to hide.. On goes the Ring :pop4:

Kiwikat
May 31st, 2010, 17:48
Honestly, why didn't they just figure it out when they made the trilogy and do The Hobbit right away?

If/when it comes out, my expectations aren't going to be too high. IMO the LOTR trilogy rivals the original Star Wars trilogy for best series of movies. For some reason I don't think they can hit a home run again.

Snuffy
May 31st, 2010, 18:00
Jackson lost the initiative monkeying around with King Kong ... he should have just went on a head and did the Hobbit while he had everyone eating out of his hand for the Lord of the Rings.

:banghead:

Dangerousdave26
May 31st, 2010, 18:03
Honestly, why didn't they just figure it out when they made the trilogy and do The Hobbit right away?

Probably if Peter Jackson could have done that he would.

I personally think that no one but Peter Jackson is qualified to direct this movie. With out him it is a bust.

Dangerousdave26
May 31st, 2010, 18:04
Jackson lost the initiative monkeying around with King Kong ... he should have just went on a head and did the Hobbit while he had everyone eating out of his hand for the Lord of the Rings.

:banghead:

Jackson could not do the Hobbit because he was in Litigation with the studio over how much they paid him for the Extended DVD for Return of the King.

Naki
May 31st, 2010, 19:27
Jackson could not do the Hobbit because he was in Litigation with the studio over how much they paid him for the Extended DVD for Return of the King.

The news here is that Jackson is probably going to direct the movie (if he finds time to do it). He is behind the movie anyway and any disputes in the past have long been resolved.

An acquaintance of mine is madly beavering away building Hobbitville which is about half an hours drive from here. Apparently its going to be permanent this time so it can become a tourist attraction.

Edit: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=10648842

Ken Stallings
June 1st, 2010, 17:36
I think this project will happen, but MGM isn't going to turn it into a gravestone for their pioneer studio. It isn't that important!

But, things will get worked out and I think Jackson will direct it, which is what he wants to do. I'm sure that point got communicated when this director said he could not wait any longer.

Ken