PDA

View Full Version : not news,but it was cool,,5,NA T-6's

Daveroo
May 31st, 2010, 08:55
this morning we had 5 north american T-6 aircraft flying over the house,they were really over flying the big cemitary here in my town..its the main cemitary for the county and we have alot of servicemen and women buried there.

they made 4-5 low passes over my home with smoke on as the passed over the cemitary.which is on the otherside of a draw from me.was very cool to see.i could sit in my rv at my desk and look out my large rear window,4 foot square,and watch them..they then flew to the camino airport and housing place near placerville california and did a low pass with smoke there ( i listened on the scanner).

Yesterday afternoon..while i was trying to enjoy the coke 600,someone from the Dwelle family was up in NA T-6 tinkerbelle and doing aerobatics over my area as well..well he/she(may have been Mrs Dwelle for all i know) was doing big lasy S turns but doing them vertically...not really doing aerobatics..that would have been illegal..winkwink

while im reporting on local stuff...the taylor aerocar..yellow and black one..is based at the auburn airport..seems it had a hard landing at some point...it has a vertical dent in the hood,creases in both doors in the same place both sides.and the tail V things were damaged..when i asked the man working on it what had happened..he just rolled his eyes and walked in to the building without saying a word to me...kinda rude i thought...i have pics if anyone cares to see...i need to make them smaller to post here...looks like it made a hard nose wheel first landing....

ID 10 T