PDA

View Full Version : How to Load A Bobcat

dogknot
May 30th, 2010, 08:10
OSHA wasn't around...:icon_lol:

iJqvRNvXCh0

Ken Stallings
May 30th, 2010, 09:03
The only part I'm curious about is how did he get the bobcat to shift its weight far enough forward to get it to tip up on its front wheels. I got that he used the bucket to shift the rear wheels up and onto the bed of the truck.

Innovative, but more risky to the vehicles than to the person. I'm thinking he could have damaged the truck bed and the bobcat very easily, as well as damage the transmission of the truck by forcing it to move position while the brake was applied.

A sliding ramp is a far better option, combined with a low rider flat bed.

Ken

Trans_23
May 30th, 2010, 09:43
Bobcats will tip forward like that with the bucket all the way up and pulling hard on the levers to back up.

Ken Stallings
May 30th, 2010, 10:20
Bobcats will tip forward like that with the bucket all the way up and pulling hard on the levers to back up.

Thanks for the insight.

Ken

Trans_23
May 30th, 2010, 10:42
No problem Ken. Scared the crap out of myself a few times doing it unintentionally.

Moparmike
May 31st, 2010, 13:07
Wow...that guy had a good sense of balance to keep it on the front like that with all the dancing around he did lining up with the truck bed!

I've done a small nose stand like that to chuck up onto a our 20' beavertail trailer many times...but that's only 10-12" off the ground too. No way I'd try to pull that stunt to hit a truck flatbed. I'd nose over for darn sure.

I'd like to see the unload video... I sure hope he had a ramp to bring the skidsteer back down to earth!!!