PDA

View Full Version : How to fix this ground tearing... stuff

PilatusTurbo
May 30th, 2010, 05:18
Does anyone know how to fix those certain airports which the apron seems to tear in and out of existence right beneath you, once you've landed there?

I'm at Scottsdale KSDL, with FSGenesis Rockies Freeware Mesh and the Megascenery Phoenix installed, just for info. I've asked before, and I remember people saying stuff about flatten files? It is one of those airports that is raised slightly out of the ground on the SW end of it.

I never did try the fixes in the past, as I never even knew where to begin making a flatten file, if that's it.

Any help on this would be great, as I want to fly here, but I can't stand this. I've attached a shot for clarity on the issue.

Cees Donker
May 30th, 2010, 05:24
Do you know how to work with AFCAD?

:wavey:

Cees

Terry
May 30th, 2010, 06:09
You need FSTflatten, it's easy to use. Get it here. http://home.earthlink.net/~smgreenwood/flatten.shtml

Scottsdale flattened file attached.

PilatusTurbo
May 30th, 2010, 08:13
Hey thanks for the super fast responses. I'll give this stuff a try tonight. Hope it works

thanks again all :ernae:

aeromed202
May 31st, 2010, 18:47
Would this utility also take care of invisible bumps on runways and ramps? I have a handful that when taxiing or landing the plane will jump like a flea. Or how about runways in pits or on mesas 2000 ft up?

Terry
June 1st, 2010, 04:45
Would this utility also take care of invisible bumps on runways and ramps? I have a handful that when taxiing or landing the plane will jump like a flea. Or how about runways in pits or on mesas 2000 ft up?

Yes to the bumps. The pits and mesas' are tricky, you can bring the surrounding area up to the mesa height but to bring the mesa down requires changing the height of the default AFCAD, same with a pit. That requires the program JABBGL.exe. I don't remember where it's at but a search of the major sites should find it.

PilatusTurbo
June 1st, 2010, 09:07
Terry, I had only but a chance to load the sim and look around from my ship, and from first glance it appears to be fixed. I'm gonna have a flight around KSDL tonight when back from work, see if she's workin' now.

Either way, thanks for fixin' that! :ernae: