PDA

View Full Version : New Mesh Coastlines?

CrisGer
May 28th, 2010, 13:53
I was wondering if there is any progress on adding coastlines, beaches and surf, to the new mesh? We are ok for most of Europe but the Pacific and North and South America and Asia need it if someone can help or is working on it..it would be great to hear. Otherwise we will have to wait for base by base additions, and much wont be covered.

Just wanted to check and see if there was any hope.

MaskRider
May 28th, 2010, 14:37
I don't know for sure if anyone in particular has dedicated themselves to this task. There is a thread over at the "Landscapers & Architects" forum, cfs2 autocoast status update, that is related.

AutoCoast is a scenery design program that Sander (d'Coq?), SdC, has been perfecting over the last couple of years. It allows us to do large areas of coastline, among other things, in a manageable way- manageable in that the task doesn't have to be done by hand- bit by bit- consuming large amounts of time.

Don't know what the current situation is although I know much progress has been made.

For my part I am still doing things the old fashioned way- creating coastlines for the very localized areas where I may be building new airfields.

Cheers,
Chris

SdC Redux
May 31st, 2010, 04:41
I don't know for sure if anyone in particular has dedicated themselves to this task. There is a thread over at the "Landscapers & Architects" forum, cfs2 autocoast status update, that is related.

AutoCoast is a scenery design program that Sander (d'Coq?), SdC, has been perfecting over the last couple of years. It allows us to do large areas of coastline, among other things, in a manageable way- manageable in that the task doesn't have to be done by hand- bit by bit- consuming large amounts of time.

Don't know what the current situation is although I know much progress has been made.

For my part I am still doing things the old fashioned way- creating coastlines for the very localized areas where I may be building new airfields.

Cheers,
Chris

A month or two.... hopefully. Developing for CFS2 is like a Russian doll, when you solve one problem/limitation, another one emerges...

Jagdflieger
May 31st, 2010, 08:29
An excellent analogy Sander.