PDA

View Full Version : the cheez has landed!

cheezyflier
May 27th, 2010, 14:13
it's official. today i was granted permanent resident status here in sunny canadia.
and it only took 3 yrs and 10 months to get my paperwork through

for my next trick, gainful employment, and "free" health care

:wavey:

Tako_Kichi
May 27th, 2010, 15:02
Congrats....it only took about 5 months to get mine and I got it before I arrived here IIRC...but that was 17+ years ago and my mind is a bit fuzzy now. :icon_lol:

Navy Chief
May 27th, 2010, 16:54
"free" health care:wavey:

Good luck!

I would be interested to know how that "free" health care works out for ya, having heard so many horror stories about it..........

Tako_Kichi
May 27th, 2010, 17:07
I would be interested to know how that "free" health care works out for ya, having heard so many horror stories about it..........
I can tell you for an absolute fact that the good stories out-weigh the 'horror' stories by about 10,000:1. That applies to my experiences both here in Canada and back in the UK.

cheezyflier
May 27th, 2010, 19:48
i've already sampled the health care, although i was a paying customer. the wife's cancer treatment was on the free though because she's a citizen. i wasn't impressed. i could get into why but those threads usually only end up upsetting people. if you really want to hear what i think, send me a p/m and i'll tell you.

Naismith
May 27th, 2010, 22:19
Free? It ain't free my friend and if it is I'm moving to Ont. Oh wait ...... gets damned cold there (lol) I'll stay and pay into my BC health plan at $120 per month. How much does OHIP cost in comparison?
But you must not give the impression that it is free health cover as this distorts the facts to our US friends. It is reasonable in cost and from experience, superb in quality so far in my experience. Also we have to pay for prescriptions.

Congrats on your new status. It took 11 months for my wife to get hers and 5 years to get her citizenship. She applied from outside and it seems that this is the quickest course. Hope you can get employment soon and in the field that you want.

Lionheart
May 27th, 2010, 22:25
Congrats Cheezy!

:ernae:

May your new home be a blessing and more then you expected in good things.

I have only heard good things about their health system, but maybe I only heard certain stories. I hope that part goes awesome. I wish we had that in America. I could certainly use it.

Bill

stansdds
May 28th, 2010, 02:28
Free things that really are not for free:

Free lunch

Free sex

Free health care

Tako_Kichi
May 28th, 2010, 04:04
Free? It ain't free my friend and if it is I'm moving to Ont. Oh wait ...... gets damned cold there (lol) I'll stay and pay into my BC health plan at $120 per month. How much does OHIP cost in comparison?
With OHIP we don't have a fixed monthly fee per person, it's a deduction from your pay based on a percentage of your earnings so those who earn less pay less. However, if you do get sick there is no huge bill to pay. My wife has had several operations at zero cost to her, the birth of two children cost nothing and I have made several trips to the ER without a charge.

safn1949
May 28th, 2010, 07:35
Get a job you bum.....congrats on finally getting to the end of the tunnel,I know it has been driving you crazy not being able to work and provide like you want to.I hope it's all gravy after today.:d

cheezyflier
May 28th, 2010, 08:56
Get a job you bum.....congrats on finally getting to the end of the tunnel,I know it has been driving you crazy not being able to work and provide like you want to.I hope it's all gravy after today.:d

actually, the hall called me on wed. i would have went to work on the last job that came up but it was downsized by 2 men. that's how close i came. so, i am very next. i expect to hear from them very very soon.

Bjoern
May 28th, 2010, 11:48
Free lunch

"Hey pal, I'll buy you lunch!"

Free sex

You meet, you talk, you pay for your drinks, she pays for hers, you go to your or her place et voilą, free sex.

Congratulations on your new citizenship, Cheezy!

Snuffy
May 28th, 2010, 11:57
... You meet, you talk, you pay for your drinks, she pays for hers, you go to your or her place et voilą, free sex.

Still had to pay for fuel ... oh and the expense of time ...

Nothing's free.

Bjoern
May 28th, 2010, 11:59
Still had to pay for fuel ...

Fuel...:rolleyes:

Nothing's free.

Time is, otherwise it would already be taxed.

cheezyflier
May 28th, 2010, 12:20
ready for a double shot of awesome? i just got back from the hall. i picked up my permit,

I GO TO WORK ON MONDAY!!!!!

P.T.L!!!!!

time for a happy dance

http://www.writersua.com/articles/two-click/images/12happydance.gif

Snuffy
May 28th, 2010, 12:22
Congrats again then!

:applause:

Toastmaker
May 28th, 2010, 13:22
That is good news, cheeze - Congrats !!

:running:

cheezyflier
May 28th, 2010, 14:47
i just realized the one downside....

having a job is gonna murder my post count :icon_lol:

AckAck
May 28th, 2010, 17:20

having a job is gonna murder my post count :icon_lol:

Suppose it depends on where you work - I'm pretty sure Lionheart or Panther has a job... :d

Brian

cheezyflier
May 28th, 2010, 18:13
i'm a tin knocker. can't type with a hammer in my hand. it ruins the keys

gigabyte
May 28th, 2010, 19:17
Many congrats Cheezy, welcome ("Offically") to the Great White North, and a little extra congrats on the new job, nice week you had there :)

N2056
May 28th, 2010, 19:25
Awesome news!

A toast to the cheezy one! :guinness:

demorier
May 30th, 2010, 00:58
Free sex happened in the sixties....I think.:wavey:

grunau_baby
May 30th, 2010, 01:14
Congrats Cheezy!!!:ernae: Hope it“s not too cold up there, it would be for me! Otherwise I“d only chose a country with free beer (good beer!!!) on the offer;-)

having a job is gonna murder my post count
A price I also pay, but well worth the investment! I had to chose: 1. No comp, no money for the bills or 2. work and no time to spent money on bills or comps. That“s freedom: you always have the choice between different options that all suck somehow:engel016:

Best wishes
Alex