PDA

View Full Version : Carenado Cessna 185

PeteHam
May 27th, 2010, 12:10
Carenado have released the Cessna 185 for FS2004 :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

I've just had a very quick fly before heading off to work. :jump:

http://www.carenado.com/ecommerce/buscador.php3?id_producto=83

Thank you Carenado :ernae: :applause: :applause:

Pete.

dogknot
May 27th, 2010, 12:43
Good news! Thanks for the H/U, Pete.
I believe they are shooting for sometime next month (June) to get the "Bush" equipped version out. I will be watching for that one.

Lazerbeak
May 27th, 2010, 12:48
Yes! I was worried they weren't going to bring her over. I'm having this.

Corsair 14F
May 27th, 2010, 14:01
Well folks I'm waiting for a serious update of their V-Tail Bonanza my all time favorite GA aircraft!

rpjkw
May 27th, 2010, 16:28
The only thing that I don't like is the lack of a 2D panel. :mad: I'll have to give this some serious thought.

Bob

OleBoy
May 27th, 2010, 16:38
Good news! Thanks for the H/U, Pete.
I believe they are shooting for sometime next month (June) to get the "Bush" equipped version out. I will be watching for that one.

I actually bought that one for FSX. (Amongst others. Only to find out FSX is a dud in my machine.) I wonder if a freebee or big discount (I hope) will apply towards the fs2004 model?

Felixthreeone
May 27th, 2010, 16:42
WoooHoooo! Thank you Carenado!!! This is a must-buy!!!

TomSteber
May 27th, 2010, 18:11
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:
Now, if I can just get rid of my damn bills!
This is a must have.
Unfortunately, it might have to wait a few bill cycles first.

OleBoy
May 27th, 2010, 18:23
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:
Now, if I can just get rid of my damn bills!
This is a must have.
Unfortunately, it might have to wait a few bill cycles first.

I feel the misery. Couldn't afford it, but had to get replace a clothes washer that went out last weekend. I had planned on getting the Goldenage Stinson Jr till that happened.

And this release is something I really never expected!!

I will get it, eventually. Maybe, at the coin toss now

Thunderbolt
May 28th, 2010, 07:12
There is the same bouncing on landing as the last addons and some lack of textures.

Felixthreeone
May 28th, 2010, 15:57
There is the same bouncing on landing as the last addons and some lack of textures.

....Thanks for the heads up on that, Thunderbolt....I will probably wait for a patch then before buying it!

PilatusTurbo
May 28th, 2010, 16:23
That's odd, as I've done great landings with hardly any bounce.

Nosewheel pilots.... geez.... ;) LOL

But seriously, I've seen a texture issue with the chrome and red paint scheme, so I believe a patch is coming quick.

Other than a couple small issues, I'm lovin' the thing. Off to fly it a bit more. :salute:

Felixthreeone
May 31st, 2010, 08:23
Took her out for a good cross country shakedown last night, and this plane is GREAT! Anyone notice that the artificial horizon and clock don't have any night illumination? And I do notice a bit of bouncing....had one decent 3 pointer, but if i land on the mains with almost zero vertical descent, I get bouncing?

PilatusTurbo
May 31st, 2010, 08:30
I've done three pointers and even wheel landings without issue. Not sure what's up. They'll probably address it in a patch. It is a great aircraft.

mrogers
June 1st, 2010, 00:59
Got it 2 days ago. Wonderful plane, took it up for its first flight and it handled very well in flight, made a mains landing and yes it did bounce a wee bit on rollout,. but that didnt last long and it settled down nicely as it slowed down. Will try some 3 pointers next time.
No problems with the textures at all, the VC looks superb. All in all, this little plane is GREAT!

mrogers
June 4th, 2010, 00:56
Ummm......anyone notice this? Two tiedowns with weights, wheel chocks and cover for the pitot tube have no textures. I checked all of the other planes and they're all the same as well. Didn't find that out till much later - I thought I had no problems with the textures until I pulled on the park brake after shutdown and this is what happened.

PeteHam
June 4th, 2010, 01:36
Yeah, I've also noticed the missing textures ( Two tiedowns with weights, wheel chocks and cover for the pitot tube ).

Pete.

Thunderbolt
June 6th, 2010, 07:21
Here is an User bouncing Fix, I hope it helps for you ?

http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=286607

mrogers
June 10th, 2010, 13:34
Carenado must have updated their C185...I emailed them and was advised to re download the full package. The missing textures now show, all fine now.

@Thunderbolt, thanks, but I have already fixed it- it wasn't bad, just a slight adjustment with ACM was all it needed.

OleBoy
June 10th, 2010, 16:36
Having purchased the Carenado C185F Bush & Amphibian for FSX, and hearing that there will be the same model (soon) for fs2004, I sent Carenado support an email in reference to either a discount, or free FS9 version when it gets released.
....They responded and told me that the FS9 version will be passed along to me for free. :jump:

That is fantastic news!!

...Thank You Carenado!!!