PDA

View Full Version : Help this old brain

Fibber
November 13th, 2008, 14:39
As some have probably noticed I am rebuilding some of my theaters and encountering some (probably self made) problems. :banghead: Well, I am re-starting over (again!) and now had a brain fart! :redf:
I want to add to the KWCFS F86E the texture of the 336th, McConnell. yellow nose and whatever else there is!!! Love the appearance of the different aircraft in the engagements! Had it before but that was before the brain poooooof!:censored:
I know that it has to go into the F86E\CFG file and as a progressive number of [Fltsim0, 1,2, ] etc.
Now here is the gaseous factor. How the freak do I enter it? ( I know use the keyboard, type it in....:costumes:)
Do I copy under the F86E the flisim to the next progressive number and then type in; ie; texture 336th or is it 336th or whatever:isadizzy: where it says texture or isome other location.
Please give me a ROLAIDS from this!:icon_lol:

TARPSBird
November 13th, 2008, 15:00
Fibber, you're on the right track. Open up the aircraft.cfg file in Notepad and copy the entire "[fltsim.0]" entry, then paste it below the original entry. Change the number to "1" vice "0". Also change the title line to what you want the aircraft to show as in the sim, and change the texture line to reflect the name of the texture folder that has your 336th paint job. I've provided an example below using a Yak-9U, changes in red. Hope this helps you. :)

[fltsim.0]
title=BR2 Yak-9U
sim=yak9
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=
checklists=

[fltsim.1]
title=BR2 Yak-9U NKAF
sim=yak9
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=NKAF
checklists=

EC_ILO
November 14th, 2008, 00:39
BTW in this example the texture folder for the NKAF skin has to be named texture.NKAF

You can have diferent texture folders:

texture.1
texture.whatever
all of them wit the dot between texture and the name.

But in the aircraft.cfg file the corresponding entries are, as explained by TARPSBird:
texture=1
texture=whatever

without the dot before the name

EC_ILO

Tango_Romeo
November 14th, 2008, 20:39
You've got some solid advice on how to create a multiple-texture aircraft folder. And that is fine for Free-Flight or QC.

HOWEVER, if you intend to fly any missions or campaigns using more than one type from the multiple folder, it will eventually cause CTD.

Strongly suggest you just replace the current texture folder with the new one and let it go at that, or create a separate aircraft folder for the new texture. :kilroy:

Fibber
November 15th, 2008, 11:43
Might go the seperate aircraft method.