PDA

View Full Version : Orbx prices going up 50% on Dec. 1

dswo
November 13th, 2008, 13:59
http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=6744.0

MCDesigns
November 13th, 2008, 14:23
Just read the thread you linked to, interesting read. I don't have any of the Australia packages....yet, but I do agree that for what you get the price is very reasonable when compared to what some other sceneries cost and that it is a great product.

Funny, don't customers realize that by telling a commercial vendor that they would pay more or that by stating they are ok with paying more than they did, they are in effect saying it's ok for that commercial vendor to charge more, LOL :isadizzy:

My main concern is future products for other areas of the world, lets hope we can afford them when they come :d

Pips
November 13th, 2008, 22:06
It'll be interesting to see just how big a hit they take. 50% increase is a huge jump.

tigisfat
November 13th, 2008, 22:17
That was almost inspiring to read. Mr Venema has my respect now. It seems these days noone comes forward with a brutal truth, gives a brief but effective reason why, tells us how things are going to be because they say so and sticks by it. He did just that. I've downloaded their freeware (awesome, isn't it?) but that little speech makes me want to become a customer of a company like that. They've made it obvious they have nothing to hide.

S
November 14th, 2008, 00:31
Given the amount of freeware available from those chaps this is still a bargain. I am still quite happy with these prices. Let's hope that dreamteam will be around for a long time. Can't wait for Pacific North West.

falcon409
November 14th, 2008, 03:31
I have the VOZ scenery loaded on my FS9 system, but have only used it a few times as I rarely fly Australia. I think I downloaded some of their freeware for FSX but I don't think I ever used it and even at current prices I tended to shy away as I can't justify purchases based on the amount of time I fly there. Having said that, the increase will seal it as I would never pay that much for any scenery package where I would fly only on rare occasions.

I think the increase, based on the quality is probably warranted, but I also think it will definitely price a lot of folks out of their market.

gera
November 14th, 2008, 05:19
If they are going to stay in Australia forever they can keep them. What´s the fun flying over red dirt for hours???.....I would suggest that if they want to maximize their sales at higher prices they concentrate in Europe, USA, Canada and Asia......too much Ausie for me.....(I do have Ausie friends...:d:d).

ryanbatc
November 14th, 2008, 06:14
It's sorta refreshing to read how well a lot of the members took the news....no fighting or anything lol!

gera
November 14th, 2008, 08:20
It's sorta refreshing to read how well a lot of the members took the news....no fighting or anything lol!

I guess most are not buying!!!!:costumes::costumes::costumes:

guzler
November 14th, 2008, 08:25
If they are going to stay in Australia forever they can keep them. What´s the fun flying over red dirt for hours???.....I would suggest that if they want to maximize their sales at higher prices they concentrate in Europe, USA, Canada and Asia......too much Ausie for me.....(I do have Ausie friends...:d:d).

I have the free demo which is amazing, fantastic lush green scenery that would suit the UK well. I don't do enough flying to warrant such prices, but if a UK scenery come out with greenery and detail like that, I would invest to fly round my local scenery and certainly find more time to fly :d

oldpropfan
November 14th, 2008, 08:38
Even after the increase the price is only approx $33 US. Still not bad considering I've payed that for planes that turned out to be :censored:. Hope they get started on the rest of the world sometime next year.

JT8D-9A
November 14th, 2008, 08:57
Those who are interested to get the best scenery solution for FSX and want to save money...:wavey:

tigisfat
November 15th, 2008, 00:40

It's because he was very forward with his information and how he was going to sieze the helm. I know a few developers that should try that approach instead of placing themselves at odds with their customers.

Tim-HH
December 4th, 2008, 06:28
And after only a few days the prices are down again: Orbx pricing - fixed to US$19 on all products for December ('http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=7222.0')

Greetings
Tim

MudMarine
December 4th, 2008, 06:41

I'm a huge OrbX fan. No reason to fight. When the price goes up 50% I just won't buy anymore.......simple!

Tim-HH
December 4th, 2008, 06:48
I'm a huge OrbX fan. No reason to fight. When the price goes up 50% I just won't buy anymore.......simple!
And if you had read my posting you would know that you are not the only one...;)

Greetings
Tim

BananaBob
December 4th, 2008, 06:50

Right to the point, just like a Jarhead! OHRAH! :costumes::ernae:

gera
December 4th, 2008, 06:53
And after only a few days the prices are down again: Orbx pricing - fixed to US$19 on all products for December (http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=7222.0)

Greetings
Tim

Now!!!! Gents!!!! This is a Good Deal!!!!!!!.....but I won´t get the Red dirt one fer sure.....I will get the one which has more mountains.....any advise????---do tell so I can start download......:running:

MM
December 4th, 2008, 08:48
Gera,

You seem to want Australia Blue. It includes the Snowy Mountains. And is almost surely the best of the series for those just starting with FTX.

Of course, Australia doesn't have truly enormous mountain ranges. Great people, though...

Best,
Mike

jankees
December 4th, 2008, 09:09
Now!!!! Gents!!!! This is a Good Deal!!!!!!!.....but I won´t get the Red dirt one fer sure.....I will get the one which has more mountains.....any advise????---do tell so I can start download......:running:

Mountains can be found in AUBlue with Tasmania and most of the Snowy Mountains/ Great Dividing Range, but AU Green isn't bad either, with the Atherton Tablelands behind Cairns. Funnily enough, it's AU Red that I am waiting for, and looking at the screenshots (http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?board=4.0), it's going to be stunning.
Nowadays, I fly almost exclusively in Australia, just because these sceneries are so good. Try it for yourself and download the freeware Tasmania scenery and AU mesh (http://fullterrain.com/freeware.html), get something that flies low and slow and just enjoy the sights. And if you think there is better scenery around, please tell me what it is! (OK, maybe apart from FlyTampa, but these are very small compared to FSX)
Here's a few assorted pics illustrating the scenery, this is a bit all over the place...

gera
December 4th, 2008, 11:22
Thanks Jankees....great pics. I have Tasmenia and its really nice. Maybe I´ll do a scenery there or an Adventure Flight with all that nice scenery......how about " Tasmanian Dark Evening!!!!!"......A pilot´s encounter with the real Tasmanian Monster.....darkness with low fuel!!!!! ":costumes::costumes:

MudMarine
December 4th, 2008, 11:27
Right to the point, just like a Jarhead! OHRAH! :costumes::ernae:

Yup. There needs to be more Jarhead's in the world!!:icon_lol:

Craig Taylor
December 4th, 2008, 11:35
Yup. There needs to be more Jarhead's in the world!!:icon_lol:

But then we'd have to drop "The Few"... ;)

hinch
December 6th, 2008, 04:24
Done deal! got me the Blue south and some free airports - I'm fed up with the terrible default Europe which will require £40 or more to get right with UTX and a texture replacement.

MudMarine
December 6th, 2008, 05:34
But then we'd have to drop "The Few"... ;)

Ya, that would be a bad propaganda move!!

hinch
December 6th, 2008, 11:40
After finding out what was making my scenery crap and blocky this is just stunning! Especially in the HD Mooney.