PDA

View Full Version : New guy here.

sc00bert
May 25th, 2010, 15:44
Hello,
First, Thanks to all for having a terrific site where folks can get together and exchange great info, ideas, experiences and, stories.

Second, I am new here and it may have already been posted or even be common place, but is anybody doing a collective warbird flight, whether it be recreating missions or just going place to place in formations of beautiful pieces of American air power?

tigisfat
May 25th, 2010, 15:52
Hello,
First, Thanks to all for having a terrific site where folks can get together and exchange great info, ideas, experiences and, stories.

Second, I am new here and it may have already been posted or even be common place, but is anybody doing a collective warbird flight, whether it be recreating missions or just going place to place in formations of beautiful pieces of American air power?

Hello and welcome!

It's always great to see new members here. I founded this website in 1922 as a means to store dry goods for.....AHEM, Excuse me, I'm sorry about that. I had and have no involvement with the running of this joint, I'm just happy I got in here first to welcome you.

Yes, there are a number of people here that get together and fly warbirds, from fighters to recreating bomber raids over Berlin. Try PMing member 'Kiwikat' for more information.

I hope you enjoy your time here! :salute:

As a welcoming present, I'd like to present you with a cat.
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/forum%20commentary%20pictures/fireman_and_cat.jpg

falcon409
May 25th, 2010, 16:02
. . . .It's always great to see new members here. I founded this website in 1922 as a means to store dry goods for.....AHEM, Excuse me, I'm sorry about that. I had and have no involvement with the running of this joint, I'm just happy I got in here first to welcome you. . . . .
LOL, LOL, oh my god. . .Tigi got to him first. . .LOL, LOL. . .that was priceless Tig, too funny!!:jump:

TeaSea
May 25th, 2010, 16:02
sc00bert,

Welcome...
:wavey:

Now, be afraid.....be very afraid....

Just kidding....hope you have lots of strong opinions....'cause we like those here!

PRB
May 25th, 2010, 16:06
Welcome aboard sc00bert!
:ernae:

VCN-1
May 25th, 2010, 16:23
Welcome aboard fellow Nebraskan.

VCN-1

Bjoern
May 25th, 2010, 16:52
Welcome!

The first round is on you though. ;) :ernae:

halvar342
May 25th, 2010, 17:54
Welcoma aboard here. :wavey:

Kiwikat
May 25th, 2010, 18:15
Welcome to SOH!!! :wavey:

As Tig said, if you're interested in some multiplayer stuff, hit me up via PM or Windows Live and we can figure something out. :salute:

N2056
May 25th, 2010, 18:41
Well, at least you know what you've gotten yourself into :icon_lol:
Welcome Aboard! :salute:

Kiwikat
May 25th, 2010, 19:14
Well, at least you know what you've gotten yourself into :icon_lol:

I don't think he's got a clue. :173go1:

:icon_lol:

N2056
May 25th, 2010, 19:36
Are you kidding?
The first reply out of the chute was an offering of a cat...and a mighty irritated one at that! :d

Lionheart
May 25th, 2010, 20:08
Welcome to the SOH, sc00bert!

Tons of warbird enthusiasts here. You'll feel like you are at home in no time.

Many people fly online. We have a new flight server just for group flights. You might ask around and see when people are going up.

The P-36 was just released and a few have been flying online with those.

Make yourself at home.

Bill

Cirrus N210MS
May 25th, 2010, 21:33
welcome to sim outhouse :salute:

CheckSix
May 26th, 2010, 00:18
Welcome Sc00bert to the flightsim madhowse, the only place to be. The beers are cheap and the dancing girls... Ahem... Sorry.

Being something of a historic pompous ass around several FS forums over the years I have found the SimOuthouse members to be a decent bunch, all with unique characters and opinions, each one worthy of the utmost respect and their posts are intelligent and informative.

With this slice of cheese said you will not find a better forum / virtual meeting place / home, welcome.

As previously mentioned there are a few of us who fly online in various guises from GA to warbirds and modern day military jets. Takes your pick.

sc00bert
May 27th, 2010, 01:19
Thanks for the terrific welcome in..... and the cat thanks for that mess of an animal!! Glad to see a motley bunch'o'softies in here. :salute: In all seriousness though thank you for the huge welcome and info on the flights. I am excited to meet you guys on the ramp!!

peter12213
May 27th, 2010, 02:09
Sorry its a bit late but welcome to SOH! Hope you become a regular member and look forward to hearing and seeing more of your simming experiences!:salute:

limjack
May 27th, 2010, 06:44
Gosh, I never got a cat (that was extreamely funny though tigisfat)

Welcome to the SOH

Jim

jstanbro
May 27th, 2010, 06:52

Welcome to the SOH

Jim

Gee, I haven't been here that long - do you have any more cats?

Matt Wynn
May 27th, 2010, 07:13
Tig we needs more cats... and Tig can you stop letting them in the mess? i go take a leak and come back to this?!
http://mozey.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/cat-hilarious.JPG

Anyways Welcome guys! :salute:

Bjoern
May 27th, 2010, 08:03

I got a symbolic kick in the arse by Panther since he misunderstood my first post here as criticism on FSX. :icon_lol:

Matt Wynn
May 27th, 2010, 08:06
I got a symbolic kick in the arse by Panther since he misunderstood my first post here as criticism on FSX. :icon_lol:

Priceless... a nice symbolic gesture to get yer' backside in check and flow with it... :icon_lol:

XLR8
May 27th, 2010, 10:18
Welcome . There many talented people here . And there great people .

Bjoern
May 27th, 2010, 10:38
Priceless... a nice symbolic gesture to get yer' backside in check and flow with it... :icon_lol:

Especially considering that, at that time I had some trouble in the forums of another big flightsim site that lead to an unpleasant leave, so my first thought was "On no, not again...". :icon_lol:

tigisfat
May 27th, 2010, 19:04

Welcome to the SOH

Jim

Guys, you're both in luck. I have two extras. The longer we get from FSX, the last (real) MSFS title that we know of, the less likely I am to need welcome cats for people joining this hobby. These two were getting hungry and neglected. I accidentally left yours outside.

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/frozencat.jpg

tigisfat
May 27th, 2010, 19:05
Gee, I haven't been here that long - do you have any more cats?

Yours is a little wierd though, but he was one of the last ones to go.
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/window-1.jpg

Cazzie
May 28th, 2010, 01:15
I am the mandatory slow one of the group sc00bert! :isadizzy:

And welcome to this zany bunch. Feel free to ask questions that have been asked before, they often get lost in the sands of time. Do try the SOH FAQ though.

Cats, tig, I L'dMAO at that first shot and smoothie's kitten in a glass.

Me, I'm up early, who can sleep in a bed with this?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/cazmodel/mybed.jpg

Caz

Cazzie
May 28th, 2010, 01:23
Welcome Sc00bert to the flightsim madhowse, the only place to be. The beers are cheap and the dancing girls... Ahem... Sorry.

Hey, C'mon, we have C9G's legs, who in the world needs dancing girls? :bump:

Caz

CheckSix
May 28th, 2010, 01:43

Molly...

And Caz, I stand corrected and beg forgiveness :engel016:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/misc/pencil.png

peter12213
May 28th, 2010, 01:48
This is what they gave me!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3314/3551633617_7603c146da.jpg

T**T's!! Hahaha :salute:

Matt Wynn
May 28th, 2010, 09:00
mummified cat... well nothing says welcome like a mummified cat, think on the plus side, it's easy to care for... i can't remember where i left my ca.... wait yes i can, can everyone please refrain from running full throttle near my personal hangar... we don't wan't CITF - Cat Ingestion Turbine Failure...