PDA

View Full Version : With regards to the "VIEW" options in FSX....

Navy Chief
May 25th, 2010, 06:42
I have been meaning to ask this for a long time, and just keep forgetting.

When I start FSX, the default outside view is "Spot".......which I have always found annoying. I always change it to "Locked Spot".

Is there a way to make that outside view the default selection? For that matter, other changes?

NC

Thoe6969
May 25th, 2010, 07:02
I have been meaning to ask this for a long time, and just keep forgetting.

When I start FSX, the default outside view is "Spot".......which I have always found annoying. I always change it to "Locked Spot".

Is there a way to make that outside view the default selection? For that matter, other changes?

NC
Mine puts me in the vc by default .Try loading a flight with the view you want ,and save it as the default flight.

Navy Chief
May 25th, 2010, 07:07
Mine puts me in the vc by default .Try loading a flight with the view you want ,and save it as the default flight.

Thanks for the tip. I meant to say that the opening view in mine is also the VC, but the outside view is not locked. But I will try your suggestion. I thought perhaps there was a way to change the default outside view in the .cfg file or some other file.

NC

falcon409
May 25th, 2010, 08:05
Yea, same here Chief. The spot view is very annoying, constantly bouncing around. I'm not sure why, but it is one view I'd like to do away with completely or find a way to tame it.:salute:

Navy Chief
May 25th, 2010, 08:21
Yea, same here Chief. The spot view is very annoying, constantly bouncing around. I'm not sure why, but it is one view I'd like to do away with completely or find a way to tame it.:salute:

I personally don't see a need for it, period. Maybe someone can offer a reason to use it, but I have never liked it.

dswo
May 25th, 2010, 08:21
Have a look at cameras.cfg (make a backup first). I've modded mine to omit the "nearest tower" view from the s-key cycle, though it's still accessible through the view menu.

wallyboard
May 25th, 2010, 08:22

Before you save the flight, go to the outside view and get to the locked spot view, then press F9 to put you back into the VC, and then save the flight. That should give you "locked spot" every time you hit F11.

Cheers
Larry

Navy Chief
May 25th, 2010, 08:26
Before you save the flight, go to the outside view and get to the locked spot view, then press F9 to put you back into the VC, and then save the flight. That should give you "locked spot" every time you hit F11.

Cheers
Larry

OUTSTANDING! Thanks! NC

FlameOut
May 25th, 2010, 16:28
Navy Chief,

This is what I did for my main FSX Cameras cfg. ... you know that hidden file in there with the main FSX cfg. file.

I had always preferred the way the FS 2004 "locked spot" view was, remember that Loop, Roll, and was it the "Locked" option or was it "Chase"? I can't remember as I no longer use FS 2004... a lot of money went on the back burner with that version !

Anyways, I use only one "Spot" view, I "commented out"...//... the other one. This gives me what I liked in FS 2004.

//[CameraDefinition.003]
Title = Spot
Guid = {BCA3FDD1-FB83-4BBA-8407-4922A7F0D00C}
Description = This is the description of the spot view.
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Ordinal
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = FlatChase
ShowAxis = No
AllowZoom = Yes
InitialZoom = 1.0
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = FALSE
Transition = Yes
ShowLensFlare=TRUE
Category = Outside
ClipMode = Spot
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0

[CameraDefinition.004]
Title = Locked Spot
Guid = {BCA3FDD1-FB83-4BBA-8407-4922A7F0D00D}
Description = This is the description of the spot view.
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = FixedChaseLocked // <----- this was: -----> FlatChaseLocked
ShowAxis = No
AllowZoom = Yes
InitialZoom = 1.0
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = FALSE
Transition = Yes
ShowLensFlare=TRUE
Category = Outside
ClipMode = Spot
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0
HotKeySelect=3

:salute: :salute:

Bjoern
May 25th, 2010, 16:35
Or edit the cameras.cfg to your liking.
I've reduced mine to VC (default), a custom camera, spot and top down. Has been working for the last 3+ years.

Navy Chief
May 26th, 2010, 03:44
So many great replies and ideas! Thank you ALL!!!

NC

cheezyflier
May 26th, 2010, 09:25
i use the "F" keys to switch views, for me that's the quickest way to get what i want right away.

F9 is the VC
F10 is the 2-D panel
F11 is locked spot
F12 is overhead

scott967b
May 27th, 2010, 12:54
That also can be customized by setting the
HotKeySelect=
in cameras.cfg to a value of 1 - 4.

scott s.