PDA

View Full Version : question on panel.cfg/default gunsight pipper

tonybones2112
May 24th, 2010, 19:15
I have a few aircraft I like to "build" for just personal flying enjoyment and having a little experience with Paint Shop Pro 7.2, and if I see a gunsight texture on a certain panel I like I copy it and add it here and there. I got one particular gunsight I found that is very detailed and I'd like to be able to just dispense with the default "gunsight64.bmp" pipper. How can I do this through panel.cfg for individual aircraft in 2D, (I rarely fly VC)?

Thanks

Bones

Jagdflieger
May 24th, 2010, 19:59
Look in the Texture folder for "Gunsight64.bmp" and save it. Once saved or renamed, then replace it with your gunsight bmp file named the same way. Should work. If not, then you still have the original.

PSULLYKEYS
May 25th, 2010, 08:27
Jagd is correct, make sure you save the gunsight 64, so you can revert to it.

By replacing it with the one you like, all aircraft will use the same gunsight. Another alternate method is to use my gunsight downloads,(reticle_cfs2 and reticle2_cfs2) its a lot of work, but you have a different gunsight for each A/C and they can be turned on/off when flying in the partial screen mode.

Good luck!

tonybones2112
May 26th, 2010, 18:08
Jagd, Sulley, I want to thank you both for replying, and indeed the mods you both describe works, what I'm looking for is something I failed to communicate accurately and describe and I apologize.

What I want to do is be able to have the "gunsight64.bmp" not show up at all but only for selected aircraft. Gunsight64.bmp is what I call a retical, or pipper, the "gunsight" I am referring to is an actual .bmp of a real gunsight I have made and added to the panel.bmp of several planes, and gunsight 64.bmp is more of a distraction than anything, the gunsights I made up have reticals and are quite accurate once I get them zeroed, what I want to know is if the CFS2 gunsight64.bmp can be configured to NOT show up in certain aircraft. It don;t show up in the converted Jungmann biplane but I think that's becasue the view is so high the pipper is obscured.

Thanks

Bones

Shadow Wolf 07
May 27th, 2010, 05:16
You can try some of these too: http://www.thecfs2flightdeck.com/fdv2gunsight.htm

tonybones2112
May 27th, 2010, 18:12
You can try some of these too: http://www.thecfs2flightdeck.com/fdv2gunsight.htm

Thanks Shadow, pretty cool sight.

Bones