PDA

View Full Version : Mr Ito's Messerschmitt Me 323E-2 Gigant

dandee
May 24th, 2010, 05:50
It's at Flightsim.com

http://www.flightsim.com/zview.php?cm=view&fn=/home/flight/files/51/me323e2.zip&an=Me323E2.JPG&idx=40

Z-claudius24
May 24th, 2010, 09:01
Hi,

http://i46.tinypic.com/200addt.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/zvvkvn.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/5esvx3.jpg

Small video
http://www.4shared.com/video/4sSvKB50/Giant.html

Matt Wynn
May 24th, 2010, 09:31
oh i've gotta make a paintkit for that! thanks for the HU :salute:

Drzook
May 24th, 2010, 13:20
Thank you very much Ito-san. My 8-year old son and I was just discussing this plane a couple of weeks ago, and lo and behold--here it is! My son is not the biggest FS fan but he really likes this one. Definitely a keeper for sure :ernae:

magoo
May 24th, 2010, 16:07
I wonder what one of those would look like painted up as a civilian freighter? You know, the GI supply sergeant at a US Army salvage depot in post war Germany, mailing one of those back to his home town in Alaska one piece at a time....then discharged, reassembling with domestic engines, and starting up a small heavy lift ops back home.

I could see it now....Big Fat Freight Services, Anchorage, AK. Serving the Pan Handle since 1948.

Drzook
May 24th, 2010, 17:49
I wonder what one of those would look like painted up as a civilian freighter? You know, the GI supply sergeant at a US Army salvage depot in post war Germany, mailing one of those back to his home town in Alaska one piece at a time....then discharged, reassembling with domestic engines, and starting up a small heavy lift ops back home.

I could see it now....Big Fat Freight Services, Anchorage, AK. Serving the Pan Handle since 1948.
Now we definitely need that paintkit Smoothie...
I could see it now--military markings repainted crudely, P&W R-1830's instead of the Gnome-Rhones (would end up significantly lighter for the same amount of power). I wonder just how many snowmobiles that thing could carry? History notwithstanding (sources say none were flying by 1944) that would be simply awesome to see in bushplane form.

PeteHam
May 24th, 2010, 18:14
Oh Yeah :jump:

If you guys ever decide to paint it as an Alaskan bush cargo hauler ..... then I'd be keen to grab the textures ..... please :jump: :jump:

Pete.

Flyboy208
May 24th, 2010, 21:23
Glad to have this German monster in my FS hangar. Domo arigato Ito San! Mike :jump:

Capt.Destructo
May 25th, 2010, 00:18
Hi all -check out the amazing Ito san's Me 323 Gigant at Flight Sim

Cheers
Ken W

Quax d. Bruchpilot
May 25th, 2010, 10:12
GREAT, thx Ito San !!! ...but...

Whats about a He-111 Zwilling towing a "Gigant" glider ??? :kilroy: this would be great !

UKVoodoo
May 25th, 2010, 10:24
Cant believe theres no screens yet of his 2 latest creations in the screenshot they did go hand in hand kinda(if ya ignore the Gigant engines lol)

Quax d. Bruchpilot
May 25th, 2010, 10:28
Like I've said in the other thread... A Zwilling towing a Gigant glider would be wonderfull :jump:

Matt Wynn
May 25th, 2010, 10:39
Now we definitely need that paintkit Smoothie...

ok will make a start tonight on the paintkit...

Cees Donker
May 25th, 2010, 10:46
I merged these two threads about the Gigant....

:salute:

Cees

Matt Wynn
May 25th, 2010, 10:48
nice job thanks Cees, i'll admit i spotted 2 threads about it and thought "Erm...which one was it i posted in...?" :icon_lol:

Quax d. Bruchpilot
May 25th, 2010, 13:16
I merged these two threads about the Gigant....
Thats an Admins job ;-)

Tom Clayton
May 25th, 2010, 15:14
Downloading now! It looks a little glossy from the screenies, but that's fixable...

Lionheart
May 25th, 2010, 15:38
Very nice!

Hard to believe this started as a glider and then they added engines to it later...

And it could carry tanks... and complete groups of soldiers.. and kubelwagens... and.. and..

Matt Wynn
May 26th, 2010, 03:05
Very nice!

Hard to believe this started as a glider and then they added engines to it later...

And it could carry tanks... and complete groups of soldiers.. and kubelwagens... and.. and..

And enough Bratwurst to last several months of eating :icon_lol:

magoo
May 26th, 2010, 06:56
....And Beer. In fact, I think you could hold an Oktoberfest inside one and not feel crowded.

Matt Wynn
May 26th, 2010, 07:11
....And Beer. In fact, I think you could hold an Oktoberfest inside one and not feel crowded.

sounds a good idea... do we need a repaint of a plane for this usage? like a huge flying oktoberfest machine bringing beer and bratwurst? paintkit is progressing, working on the clamshell nose doors...

Cees Donker
May 26th, 2010, 07:35
Very nice!

Got another version in my sim! Now who did that other one?

:jump:

Cees

Terry
May 26th, 2010, 08:09
Got another version in my sim! Now who did that other one?

:jump:

Cees

I did a comparison of the two and kept (the other one)! :salute:

norab
May 26th, 2010, 09:17
There's one in Lionheart's Valkyrie, maybe from there?

Z-claudius24
May 26th, 2010, 09:48
Hi,

Lionheart's ValkyrieCan be this one indeed.
Just checked the airplanes chart of a FS2004 install from 2007 on a different hard disk and the Gigant from Lionheart is in.
Will check for the original Valkyrie CD or downloaded files (not remember what type of)

Lionheart
May 26th, 2010, 10:13
They are wild planes. Yep, I did one in the Valkyrie package.

If you ever see the documentary on Discovery of the 300 series, from glider to powered transport, watch it! Its brilliant.

The troop transporter had two levels for soldiers to sit in, and then the command deck or command cabin on the very top. By the way, a ladder to the top command pod got you up there. Within that area, you had the pilot, co-pilot, then an engineer in each wing root (each side, sitting back inside the wing) in these little cubicles that had tons of levers and gauges for monitoring the 6 engines. Each engineer watched his set of 3 engines. The Engineers also had a neat little window hatch in the top front of the wing so they could look out during flight, and also get out on the wing when they had landed.

A famous story; a unused 323 Gigant wing spar (massive structure) was used as a bridge in a small village over a river, and still stands today if I am correct.

Now.... for the imagination. Imagine such power of those 6 engines, bolted to a gigantic glider the size of a small zeppelin, and take off with 'zero' payload and say half fuel. That would be a wild ride, lolol....

EDIT: On mine, its not the greatest. I had made several versions for AI traffic in WWII Germany and ended up giving it a VC and it became a functioning plane and included on the missions lists.

Bill

Z-claudius24
May 26th, 2010, 10:23
Hi,

The Valkyrie Gigant (Empty model) and a Kubelwagen (from the same package)

http://i50.tinypic.com/28amd6s.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/mux2c8.jpg

Cees Donker
May 26th, 2010, 13:30
Yeah, that was a nice one Bill!

:wavey:

Cees

Volker Böhme
May 27th, 2010, 10:59
A famous story; a unused 323 Gigant wing spar (massive structure) was used as a bridge in a small village over a river, and still stands today if I am correct.

Hi Bill,

the 'small river' was the not so small Danube near Günzburg, where the plane was built (at Leipheim, actually). It was used as a pedestrian bridge and I think it was during the '90s when someone found out what that structure actually was. I think the aspar is now at the Berlin-Gatow museum. I am not absolutely sure about the details, though, so this has to be taken with a bit of caution.

Best regards,
Volker

HorusJ
May 27th, 2010, 12:38
Hi Bill,

the 'small river' was the not so small Danube near Günzburg, where the plane was built (at Leipheim, actually). It was used as a pedestrian bridge and I think it was during the '90s when someone found out what that structure actually was. I think the aspar is now at the Berlin-Gatow museum. I am not absolutely sure about the details, though, so this has to be taken with a bit of caution.

Best regards,
Volker

Hello there,
That is true about its current location judging by this photo.It looks like a bridge!:icon_lol:

J

Cees Donker
June 1st, 2010, 09:14
Is there an alternative prop texture for this one?

:ernae:

Cees