PDA

View Full Version : Drivable Vehicles

staffy
May 23rd, 2010, 23:49
With all the beautiful airfields in ETO ,I decided to do some exploring but wanted to use something more appropriate than a tank.After searching on several sites,the only suitable drivable vehichles that I found were an MG Midget and a Kubelwagen at freewarecfs3.webs.com/vehicles.htm.I'd also found a Willy's jeep somewhere else but it is very basic and does'nt display well on my computer.
The MG and the Kubelwagen don't have readme files so I just put the folders into the aircraft folder but they don't show up in any of the aircraft menu's.
If I hav'nt installed these properly and if anyone knows of any other drivable vehicles that I can download I'd be gratefull to hear from you.
staffy

Pat Pattle
May 24th, 2010, 12:19
Hi Staffy, :wavey:

When you placed them into the aircraft folder, make sure that you haven't got a folder within a folder, if you understand my meaning. I have those vehicles too and they work fine.

staffy
May 24th, 2010, 18:43
Hi Staffy, :wavey:

When you placed them into the aircraft folder, make sure that you haven't got a folder within a folder, if you understand my meaning. I have those vehicles too and they work fine.
Thanks for your reply Pat.I just unzipped to a temp folder and ended up with 2 folders containing the files for mg TA midget and mg TA midget-gt, I put both folders into the Aircraft folder.I've deleted and installed several times but they won't appear in the aircraft menu's.
Is it possible that I'm trying to install to ETO 1.3 and you probably already had these installed prior to upgrading to 1.3 ?I can't see why this would make any difference I'm probably just grasping at straws.
staffy

Autothrottle
May 24th, 2010, 20:43
Nothing really beats a good ride around your Luftwaffe airbase in a King tiger tank. However, I do have a concern: Why do the vehicles seem to have trouble climbing inclines ?

I've seen footage of Tiger tanks rumbling through the hedge roads of France, however when I drive up a hill, the drivetrain seems to go bust and it ends up falling back to a fiery end.

Well, at least it stops a ground convoy trying to get in my way though.....

Pat Pattle
May 24th, 2010, 22:02
Eureka!

Staffy, look under the USA tab! :salute:

staffy
May 25th, 2010, 00:08
Eureka!

Staffy, look under the USA tab! :salute:
Now why did'nt I think of that.Thanks Pat.
Staffy

phillip m
May 25th, 2010, 22:46
Unfortunately driveable vehicles cannot climb up hills because they are still aircraft, it also seems to me that the cfs3 Terrain hasn't been done very well. But if I remember correctly MAW seems to do very well with a driveable vehicles. (look at http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=18693)

Also, I would do more civilian vehicles, but it is very hard to get the detailed information