PDA

View Full Version : Piglet's Tucano weird repaint issue

Cleartheprop
May 23rd, 2010, 09:13
Hello everyone,
Trying to install additional textures for the exceptional Embraer Tucano (from Tim "Genius" Conrad), I eventually got this (picture).
Have you ever got this kind of weird "Abyss" texture ?
I am rather used to install additional textures in FSX but have never seen this before.
Thanks for your help.

http://www.cleartheprop.com/images/text.jpg

Sundog
May 23rd, 2010, 09:20
Sorry, I've never had that, but is the texture missing the alpha texture or did your alpha texture accidentally become all black? That's the only thing I can think of atm.

Cleartheprop
May 23rd, 2010, 09:38
Hello Sundog, I have no clue; I just installed the repaint as I usually do and that's what I got...

Skittles
May 23rd, 2010, 09:42
Hello Sundog, I have no clue; I just installed the repaint as I usually do and that's what I got...

I'm not at my FSX computer.

Go into the tucano texture file. I'm not sure what Tim uses for textures but chances are there's a combination of bump/specular/diffuse maps in there. Can you list that texture folder and also tell me the name of the file you put in it? In fact a screenshot would be nice.

Bjoern
May 23rd, 2010, 09:43
Looks like a Transformer version of a T-1000.

Anyways, looks like something messed up the reflections. Is the specular map okay?

Cleartheprop
May 23rd, 2010, 10:12
I'm not at my FSX computer.

Go into the tucano texture file. I'm not sure what Tim uses for textures but chances are there's a combination of bump/specular/diffuse maps in there. Can you list that texture folder and also tell me the name of the file you put in it? In fact a screenshot would be nice.
Hello Skittles and thank you,
Here is a screenshot of the texture directory.. Hope that helps..
http://www.cleartheprop.com/images/dir.jpg

Skittles
May 23rd, 2010, 10:20
Hello Skittles and thank you,
Here is a screenshot of the texture directory.. Hope that helps..

Well, I'm stumped. I was hoping for something obviously out of place but there isn't anything in particular. Ideally there would have been a clearly defined bump, specular and diffuse map for each texture, but that isn't the case (or at least they aren't named as such). There's nothing wrong with the way it's done, it's just difficult to see what's wrong without having access to it myself - and given I won't have a PC with FSX on it for a week I'm not sure I can help.

Sorry, I hope someone else can help more than I have done.

skyhawka4m
May 23rd, 2010, 10:30
looks like an Alpha channel issue to me.

Cleartheprop
May 23rd, 2010, 10:59
Well, I'm stumped. I was hoping for something obviously out of place but there isn't anything in particular. Ideally there would have been a clearly defined bump, specular and diffuse map for each texture, but that isn't the case (or at least they aren't named as such). There's nothing wrong with the way it's done, it's just difficult to see what's wrong without having access to it myself - and given I won't have a PC with FSX on it for a week I'm not sure I can help.

Sorry, I hope someone else can help more than I have done.

thank you for your time anyways! I keep trying! :ernae:

Cleartheprop
May 23rd, 2010, 11:25
It seems that this repaint is designed for the FS2004 version of the A29 tucano (called EMB 312...)

falcon409
May 23rd, 2010, 11:26
Mirage,

Where did you download that texture?

Cleartheprop
May 23rd, 2010, 11:38
Hello Falcon,
I downloaded these textures from flightsim.com but I think they were designed to be used with another file (EMB312-1.ZIP).
I will try to install this file in FSX and add the textures to it.
The tucano version I have in my FSX is a-29b_st.zip.
Cheers !

peter12213
May 23rd, 2010, 12:45
As far as I know there is only 1 repaint available for this aircraft and that was the Brazilian one by Bananabob!

Edit..Infact, I'm wrong theres 2 Bob's and another for the Flying Masters which isn't Military though at flightsim!

CG_1976
May 23rd, 2010, 12:58
Tako_Kichi has a USCG paint also for the Piglet Tucano.

spotlope
May 23rd, 2010, 13:11
The problem is absolutely with the alpha channel of either the diffuse or specular textures. It depends on how Tim coded the model as to which. What you're seeing is when something is made 100% reflective by the alpha channel.

JensOle
May 23rd, 2010, 14:28
I have several new paints waiting on my HD to be released for Tims A-29, including a Colombian, US Navy and a fictive USAF one.

CG_1976
May 23rd, 2010, 14:38
Im hoping to see a CAF paint soon.

Tako_Kichi
May 23rd, 2010, 14:59
Tako_Kichi has a USCG paint also for the Piglet Tucano.
I also did several 'RAF style' ones (the RAF use the Shorts Tucano).

skyhawka4m
May 23rd, 2010, 18:47
looking forward to any all all repaints for this aircraft.

Tako_Kichi
May 23rd, 2010, 20:39
looking forward to any all all repaints for this aircraft.
Mine can be found in the file archive here........search by my user name.