View Full Version : nice new site excellent downloads on the D0217J---SWEET

loverboy1
May 22nd, 2010, 20:14
http://www.regshanger.com/Teds%20site/teds%20home.htm

MANY TKS GREAT ADDON SITE TO REGS HANGER

Autothrottle
May 22nd, 2010, 20:35
Go Ted! Thanks for the upload!

I've totally lost myself with Ted's excellent aircraft. I no longer have a Number one favorite. I wonder if this is bad or not?

ndicki
May 22nd, 2010, 22:36
Good to see the Ted Aircraft Company Ltd is now in its own hangar, too!

NachtPiloten
May 23rd, 2010, 06:21
These are two of about 5 or so of the heavy nightfighters produced by Dornier. Dornier tried to have planes the Luftwaffe would buy so it produced a wide variety of 217's; about 12 different types that saw action.

The Dorniers were the first planes in WW2 to use schrage musik (upward firing guns). The D5EL is a depiction of one of the original modifications with 6 20mm schrage musik guns. Later four were the standard option. To view the gun sight for the upward firing guns cycle through the visual main cockpit using F6.

The J2 was slow and pretty much a failure, but if you get a viermot in your gun sight your victory is all but assured. Use the six gun schrage musik and down they go!

The Italian J2 was one that scored a rare Italian nightfighter victory against Bomber Command in 1943 by shooting down a Lancaster over Italy. She has no radar so it is blind flying as its best!

Hint: to fully appreciate the guns, change your default trigger assignments to have one trigger for machine guns and the other for cannons. Do this in the control drop down when the game starts. If you use the default settings all the guns fire which is dumb!

Have fun!

Pauke Pauke!! :ernae:

Autothrottle
May 23rd, 2010, 18:43
Practice does make perfect. Thanks Ted!

BTW, what is a Viermot?