PDA

View Full Version : Before Posting This I Tried Everything........

casey jones
November 13th, 2008, 09:06
I am a big fan of the Douglas DC-7 and Cal Classic's and I take my hat off to Mr Pepper and Mr Gibson who improved my FS2004 world. I saw a D/L on Cal Classics site for a re-paint of a DC7B in TWA colors...I thought very good just what I like, the "Read Me" for the TWA re-paint said; "You must D/L the AAL DC-7B for the TWA re-paint to work, I D/L the AAL DC-7B at Cal Classic's site....I consider myself very good at installing re-paints, but when I placed the new TWA paint in the AC CFG file and numbered it as #1 as the AAL DC-7B was numbered #0 I fired up FS9 clicked on the Douglas DC-7B expecting to see the TWA DC-7B re-paint two AAL DC-7B paints showed up not the TWA re-paint! I went through the instructions and procedures many times being very careful that I followed the instructions....I was very puzzeled what could be wrong? Is it me?. I then went to the Cal Classic's site which gave instructions for troubleshooting...it did not cover this problem, then I sent a E-mail to Mr Gibson asking if he could help...my E-mail came back as undeliverable. I do hope maybe Mr Gibson will read this...I am now just very curious as to why the TWA re-paint will not show up.

Cheers

Casey:redf:

OBIO
November 13th, 2008, 09:41
Make sure that the config file info for the TWA paint directs the sim to use the TWA texture folder. If you did not change the Texture= line to include the name of the TWA texture, it may well be using the stock texture on both planes.

OBIO

Willy
November 13th, 2008, 10:00
Try this for the CalClassic forums if you're trying to get in touch with Tom

http://calclassic.proboards55.com/index.cgi?board=general

Motormouse
November 13th, 2008, 10:18
You'll also need to make sure the title line,
first one below the
[flightsim.XXX] is unique and not same
as any others too.

ttfn

Pete

aeronca1
November 13th, 2008, 10:59
Verify entries such as those below in red and see if they correspond to the first entry for AAL, ie the next entry is 1, the title is different from the entry corresponding to 0, the sim entry is correct, see if a model entry is needed and that the manufacturer, type and variation are correct. The later could cause the variant to show under a different plane category in the sim if different from the original etc. There could be many things causing the failure to display.

[fltsim.0]
title=PT_Tu-154M_VC UTAIR
sim=154m_v3_06
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=Utair
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=85805
atc_airline=UTAIR
atc_flight_number=85805
editable=0
ui_manufacturer=ANTK Tupolev
ui_type=Tu-154M_VC
ui_variation=85805
visual_damage=0
description=Tu-154M Version V1.01 Air-file version 154m_v3_06 / INS repaint
atc_heavy=0

casey jones
November 13th, 2008, 12:21
Thank You everyone for helping me I will use your imput and if all else fails I will contact Mr Gibson.

Cheers

Casey:icon_lol:

IVANOW
November 14th, 2008, 13:26
Where did you see the TWA Paint for the DC7B ?
I only found the TWA Paint for the Constellation and the DC4 .

casey jones
November 14th, 2008, 13:36
IVANOW,

Got it at Cal Classics.

Cheers

Casey

Willy
November 14th, 2008, 15:42
Not many airlines flew the DC-7B new. Off the top of my head only Pan American and Panagra come to mind.