PDA

View Full Version : FSX repair function

tigisfat
May 20th, 2010, 22:32
How will this affect my addons if I do it? PMDG tech support has told me there's nothing they can do for me.

IanHenry
May 21st, 2010, 00:00
Tigisfat,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I have used the repair option several times, and never had any ill effect from it. I can’t speak about PMDG products though, due to the fact that I haven’t got any, but all my add-ons (and I have a lot) remain unaffected.
If you have Acceleration you need to do a repair of that also. What I generally do is to uninstall Acceleration then reinstall it after the repair but I think you can get away with repairing FSX then repairing Acceleration. Good luck, I don’t think you will have any problems.
Regards,
Ian.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

peter12213
May 21st, 2010, 02:42
Mate I have had my fsx full of addons and the repair will not harm any of them, its completely safe!

Tim_Horton
May 21st, 2010, 06:17
What ever your problem may be, you may want to try and just rename the fsx.cfg and allow fsx to reload it. I have found that after I add a certain amount of gauges that my fsx starts to act buggy. Usually if there are a few fs9 planes with Bendix king air files that don't work. SO allowing fsx to reload my cfg fixes some issues. Also there is a free ware package called FLUISFIX. This tool was especially designed for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Its intention is to eliminate all the small and large errors within Flight Simulator without the necessity to search for hours on end through all the folders and files of the program. Additionally, typos can almost completely be eliminated as well as damage to files and data loss caused by wrong handling of files. All possible tweaks and changes are documented and can be reversed any time. If a special tweak or change is not wanted it can simply be omitted. Every single change that is made possible with this tool has extensively been tested, no bugs were detected. Nevertheless, the use of this tool is completely at your own risk! The author does not accept any responsibility for damage caused by the improper use of the program or the program itself. The author does not guarantee the correct functioning of the program. FlusiFix has developed into a large and powerful tool. Not everybody, however, needs every function! Therefore, it is highly recommended to study the description of the function before clicking on it! To keep track of the changes, the status-line in the lower part of the window displays which functions had been used when and which changes had been made at the FSX. And, please remember: FlusiFix only changes those items that the user has selected by clicking on it! http://webcounter.goweb.de/53695LINK-1&http://www.wolfgang-picheta.de/zipdat/ff06_v50.zip

Snave
May 21st, 2010, 07:07
Important to mention that FSX Repair ONLY affects default files, in default locations, so cannot help or effect aftermarket files in any way. This is only of concern if you have replacements for those default files - halo.bmp, texture folder, revised autogen files etc, etc.

What I have is a pure, clean vanilla install of FSX sited on a spare drive. I can pick and choose what gets replaced or overwritten. It's just as quick to create a virgin FSX installation as it is to repair the current one - just rename the current folder so that there's not confusion then install FSX and Acc into the same address. Rename the folder to `backup` and move it to the spare drive, rename the original folder to what it was before, and then copy/paste whatever you need.

cheezyflier
May 21st, 2010, 10:37
i have never had the repair do anything at all. i have tried to use it several times. what ever it is supposed to fix, i don't know what that is.