PDA

View Full Version : Could The EF2000 Typhoon Take The Place Of The JSF?

casey jones
May 20th, 2010, 08:41
I have read the EF2000 Typhoon web site, it appears that this airplane is on its way to production. Could this airplane replace the JSF if it should be cancelled because of its problems reported in the media?

Cheers

Casey

Allen
May 20th, 2010, 09:45
At this point the Typhoon looks just as good as the JSF and is made over in europe so they (europe) may just drop out of the JSF and make it the ASF.

In other news, The JSF rose nearly $1000 on news that Ochocinco was voted from ABC's "Dancing with the Stars"

← is :running: vary fast.....

Bjoern
May 20th, 2010, 10:12
I don't quite get the point of this thread...*Scratches head*

- Edit: The EF2000 has been in production for a while now. Every once in a while I har them coming over my city (they sound distinctively different than Tornados or Phantoms).

tigisfat
May 20th, 2010, 11:45
I don't quite get the point of this thread...*Scratches head*

- Edit: The EF2000 has been in production for a while now. Every once in a while I har them coming over my city (they sound distinctively different than Tornados or Phantoms).

+1.

I would say that if the JSF and typhoon are going to be equal in price, that'd make for some rough decisions.

Clarke123
May 20th, 2010, 11:47
The Typhoon is a perfectly viable alternativ to the JSF, it's cheaper for a start, already in production and most of the bugs have been worked out. Altough the Royal Navy will be knackered without a V/TOL platform to replace the Harrier. Heres a nice little advert for Typhoon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09Qf5q2gkN4&feature=related

Allen
May 20th, 2010, 12:17
The Typhoon is a perfectly viable alternativ to the JSF, it's cheaper for a start, already in production and most of the bugs have been worked out. Altough the Royal Navy will be knackered without a V/TOL platform to replace the Harrier.

I got!

Buy the Typhoon. Have Royal Navy call up Boeing and see if they can blow the dust off of the X-32 blueprints to replace Harrier.

This way the "American Strike Fighter" can just be put out to pasture.

CG_1976
May 20th, 2010, 12:21
Let's replace the JSF with the reliable/proven Hornet.