PDA

View Full Version : $100 hamburgers and $50 breakfasts

JoeW
May 17th, 2010, 03:07
Chris ( TeeCee on SOH) and I had traded emails for a couple of days and decided to meet face to face Saturday for breakfast. Saturday morning I was at Placid Lakes (09FA) at the agreed upon time of 8:30. Well .......... around 8:45 I look up and there is a plane taxing up the runway. It's Blue and the number is .... N4507N ... that's him....
I walk over and introduce my self to Chris and he to me and I entered the plane. It is a Piper Archer ll and you step up to step down. It's a really nice airplane. We rolled down 18 and got airborne and at about 600 feet Chris started the turn to Sebring. We had decided to eat breakfast at JR's on the airport. There are no commercial aircraft at Sebring only some commuters and GA's. There was some kids and ultra lights noted in another post. We landed and taxied up to the building and went inside to the restruant. I had "2 on a bed lookin' " thats mississippi for 2 straight up on a bed of grits. Chris had an omelet, I think.
Anyway .. A good time was had by all, I think, and I met a new friend.
First shot is us about to turn on final, Next is on final, Chris checking the oil, and last is on the way up to Sebring, The photo's should have been loaded the other way around.

BOOM
May 17th, 2010, 11:28
Fantastic shots Joe,looks like the flight was a blast!!!

Shylock
May 17th, 2010, 12:09
Awesome story and sounded like a great time. Thanks for sharing.

TeaSea
May 19th, 2010, 16:03
Actually, the breakfast didn't cost nearly that much..... I was a little late in meeting Joe, but he was patient and we had a pretty good visit. We spotted this Commander (which is for sale by the way), and agreed the colors were a bit unusual....sort of mauve, pinkish, puce....the interior is brown and orange. These are just the colors you need for those lazy, hot, bumpy days crossing the Caribbean, puking your guts out.....

Not sure what to say about the ultra-light, other than what goes up, must come down....:jump:

Joe, I spent about an hour cleaning the love bugs off all the leading edges....and the wheel pants....what a mess!

Only Floridians will know what I'm talking about.