PDA

View Full Version : Believe or not.. The Updated Defiants are at Regs Hanger

seacondor
May 16th, 2010, 00:48
It has been a long and fustrating time for eveyone involved with this project. However it is finally at Regs hanger . The downside is you will need to delete all your existing Defiant files including the mission set. The Defiant Mk1 has been replaced with Defiant Mk1 EWD. I have tinkered a bit with the existing missions as far as weather and enemy skill is concerned. There is a new set of missions that are more than just attacking bombers. Be a little careful with these missions. Things are not always what you think. Have fun. I would like to thank Bravo4 and Househobbit for helping get this upgrade up. I put them through a lot over the last few weeks. :salute:

Led Zeppelin
May 16th, 2010, 02:48
thanks!!!:jump:

phrog_phixer
May 16th, 2010, 03:56
I can guess there was a bit of frustration the developers had to deal with, but the collaboration has resulted in another outstanding aircraft and mission set! You fellows are an inspiration to us all.

ndicki
May 16th, 2010, 05:11
Thanks, Greg, to you, John, HH and all concerned!

Just had a look - brilliant! Great choice of new versions!

Led Zeppelin
May 16th, 2010, 12:02
I've tried nd this rear turret still don't work, the rear gunner just look at ennemy planes wihtout fiering a single shot.

When I get in a good position, if I press ctrl+shift+A before going in the turret to shot at them myself, the aircraft yoyo is impressive, it takes too much time before it stops.

seacondor
May 16th, 2010, 12:29
Sorry for not putting a short list of improvements to the plane. It was a long day yesterday.

1) The turrent has had a new texture added to make the gun more realistic.
2) The wheels turn now. They are a bit wobbly for some reason. I just couldn't fix it after mucking around with for 2 weeks this is the best I could get.
3) The front caul has it's own texture so the nose few from the cockpit is better.
4 ) The Mk2 has ths same FM as the Mk1 now. This means you can use the autopilot etc.
5) EWK has a new texture. It was found to be a black Defiant so we made a new plane to replace it in the missions. This is EWD.
6) Added a new day Defiant PSV. This is a true Battle of Britain Plane. The colour scheme has been advised by the Paul Boulton association.
7) the original mission set has been adjusted to use EWD and the weather and the German pilots skill varies a bit.
8) A new mission set has been added to allow a bit of variation to the experiance. In this set you fly against transport planes and spotter planes etc. There are 2 marine missions as the Defiant was used as a weather plane after the Battle of Britain.

I will put Nigels alter FM up after I have a word with him.

I would like to thank all those involved with the journey in getting the Defiant completed. It has been many years in the Making from when I first started. The model went through several hands before its first release and finallycame back to me for the final tinkering. This is a true example of the fine co-operation that goes on in the CFS3 community. I would like to specially thank John and Clive for being there when I wasn't. They were the ones that kept the project going. Also Ted for the fine FM and Steve for doing the LOD's for me. Owen for putting up with me during the mission building even when he a illness in his family he found time to keep going and getting these missions out. Well done all.:salute:

Frosty
May 16th, 2010, 13:45
To all those involved:

Thanks for another excellent aircraft! :medals::icon29::guinness:

Frosty

BTW LedZep, I don't know. It didn't work the first time for me but with the updated versions my gunner did track someone and fired a couple of rounds before I had to take to my parachute again... I don't know if he made it out. I didn't see him leaving the aircraft...

seacondor
May 16th, 2010, 14:07
Led,
The Auto pilot thing is a CFS3 issue. MS added at the last minute and didn't get it right.
What I do is set myself up behind the bomber far enough away for the plane to even out before you get to the bombers after seting the autopilot and cross fingers they don't hit you.
Best to be well below the target.

Autothrottle
May 16th, 2010, 20:22
It has been a long and fustrating time for eveyone involved with this project. However it is finally at Regs hanger . The downside is you will need to delete all your existing Defiant files including the mission set. The Defiant Mk1 has been replaced with Defiant Mk1 EWD. I have tinkered a bit with the existing missions as far as weather and enemy skill is concerned. There is a new set of missions that are more than just attacking bombers. Be a little careful with these missions. Things are not always what you think. Have fun. I would like to thank Bravo4 and Househobbit for helping get this upgrade up. I put them through a lot over the last few weeks. :salute:

Do you really need to delete everything and begin anew with the new Defiants? I 've grown quite attached to the older versions. Epecially the older Mk1. Also, I have the first mission pack. Do I really need to get rid of it along with the Dorniers? I've just been getting the hang of flying them.

Led Zeppelin
May 16th, 2010, 21:39
The Auto pilot thing is a CFS3 issue.
yes I know, I forget to add this in my post.

the rear gunner that don't fire is also a CFS3 issue. Sometimes, when I fly a bomber, I'm shot down in flame by an ennemy fighter and none of my gunners have fiered....

seacondor
May 16th, 2010, 23:13
Do you really need to delete everything and begin anew with the new Defiants? I 've grown quite attached to the older versions. Epecially the older Mk1. Also, I have the first mission pack. Do I really need to get rid of it along with the Dorniers? I've just been getting the hang of flying them.

No only the Deifiants and the mission set. Don't remove any of the other planes you added to do the missions first time. The mission set 1 in the upagrade is the same as the old one. It just uses EWD and the plane and I have adjusted the weather and enemy pilot skill a bit. You can keep your MK1 if you like. But EWD is the same but improved. Have a look at it and decide then. It's FM is the same as the old ones. You should replace the Mk2 as it is the same plane just upgraded. These new planes may be a little heavier on slow computers as they have 2 new textures in them. However this is only a load issue and only happens once in a mission.

I really like the Do17z myself. John and I are thinking of doing an upgraded cockpit for it. However I'm a bit short of info at the moment. :kilroy:

Pat Pattle
May 17th, 2010, 00:16
That's great news, thanks Greg!! :wavey:

Shall be downloading tonight. :)

lewis11777
May 17th, 2010, 06:41
Greg I think I fixed the wheel wobble by moving and resizing the wheels just a bit on the texture sheet. The spin as you look at the inside of the wheel now appears to be a symetrical motion. PM me with your email if you want to take a look at my fix.

Bravo/4
May 17th, 2010, 06:54
Lewis send it to me too!
If you have managed to do that (and I hope you have) so that it looks symetrical, you can choose any hat you want, and I will eat it!:d

John

lewis11777
May 17th, 2010, 09:37
John it would be near impossible to improve upon your work so the tail has no desire to wag the dog! I made a small adjustment that seemed to better center the rotation but I will let you be the judge of that. The texture should be in your inbox. I got a bit nervous when I read that bit about eating a hat so I nervously went back to see if my observation was accurate. All I can say is with 20/20 the rotation appears to be well balanced. :salute:

Bravo/4
May 17th, 2010, 09:52
No Lewis, I'm not having a go at you, if you have managed to find the spot, you deserve a medal, because I spent a lot of time trying to find that spot, Greg even re-modelled the wheels, but we couldn't suss it! (Maybe we were trying too hard lol)

I've got your texture, I'll check it out later, cheers!

John

seacondor
May 17th, 2010, 11:56
Lewis that's great if you have found a fix. Just work with John and he will send me the update.

Bravo/4
May 18th, 2010, 14:45
Ok Lewis,
I checked your fix out, and yes it is more symetrical, still not perfect, but I don't think it ever will be?
So I will update the skins and send them to Greg.

Well done Lewis, I've put your spinning wheel texture onto the skins, and now you can choose a hat, and I will eat, lets say, three quarters of it, does that sound fair?:d

Much appreciated!
John

lewis11777
May 18th, 2010, 14:54
John I don't have any hats to spare but I will enjoy my 15 minutes of fame!

:salute:

loverboy1
May 18th, 2010, 17:59
will this be added ...to the set at reg/hanger or addon through the skins here at soh

tks

joshua

gosd
May 18th, 2010, 20:01
The "CFS3 Defiant EWD Patrol Search and destroy HH 04" mission requires the JU52_WED A/C.
I cannot find this A/C.

HouseHobbit
May 18th, 2010, 20:34
Here is the corrected mission: see attachment

The aircraft has been changed to the "JU 52 BOF" at Regs Hanger Here is the Link:
http://www.regshanger.com/Regs%20hanger%20main/CFS3%20Aircaft/Ju52/Ju52%20MAIN.htm

Sorry for the confusion..
I'll send greg the Updated mission..
If anyone needs help with this PM me..

gosd
May 19th, 2010, 16:29
Thanks,as usual thes missions are very good:ernae:

lewis11777
May 19th, 2010, 17:07
will this be added ...to the set at reg/hanger or addon through the skins here at soh tks joshua

I believe Regs Hangar

Autothrottle
May 31st, 2010, 21:21
yes I know, I forget to add this in my post.

the rear gunner that don't fire is also a CFS3 issue. Sometimes, when I fly a bomber, I'm shot down in flame by an ennemy fighter and none of my gunners have fiered....

So can the rear gunners fire at all? Or should you just hope for the best when flying under a Heinkel bomber?